CrewPierce Continues

So here’s my brand new log following my PC one. I have some exciting changes for this log and hopefully it will be just as exciting if not more so than my last!

I found a new coach in my area. This is nothing against CT, I owe him a whole freaken lot for helping me as much as he already has!! I now need hands on coaching because, well, my form sucks!

I will have the pleasure of working out with and being coached by a current world record holder in the apa-wpa. He has a lot of records there in the 275 weight class!

His name is Troy Nash.

I met with him for about 2 hours yesterday talking about the plan and just shooting the shit in general. We’ll be training in an attachment to an auto racing company. It has everything we could possibly need and smells like motor oil and car parts… aka it’s really freaken sweet. Haha. He was there watching/spotting at my first meet so he already has an idea of what I need to work on.

Another very cool development is he and one of his female athletes (who is also a world record holder) will be training my girlfriend.

There is another Push/Pull meet in my area on May 24 which I may be doing, as well as a full power meet in early oct. that I will be entering for sure. The plan is to compete raw my first year and then starting next Jan. I will be training with gear.

At the Push/Pull meet Kevin wants me to see if I can’t set an IBP deadlift record in the 198 weight class.

So there you have it folks! I have a game plan for a meet in a short time and there may be more meets before my Oct one. Kevin is an extremely nice and cool guy so I can’t wait to start training with him!

My training starts Monday with my new coach at the new facility and I can’t be more excited!

Hey man, Ill definitely be following this. Where are you training at? Youre back in the area again, arent you?

[quote]Stronghold wrote:
Hey man, Ill definitely be following this. Where are you training at? Youre back in the area again, arent you?[/quote]

Yup, I’m in the area. I’m training more or less at an auto shop haha. Yea no shit, you have to go into the garage to pay your membership dues.

[quote]cheeta wrote:
Looking forward to this :)[/quote]

Haha I’m just trying to become as good of a powerlifting as you Ms. nationals!

Now that you’ve got a new coach, will you follow the same diet as when you were in the PC, or will there be some changes? I’m asking this because the diets CT gave you were pretty clean, and I know that many powerlifters just eat junk pretty much every day and don’t really pay much attention to their diet.

[quote]DuncW wrote:
Now that you’ve got a new coach, will you follow the same diet as when you were in the PC, or will there be some changes? I’m asking this because the diets CT gave you were pretty clean, and I know that many powerlifters just eat junk pretty much every day and don’t really pay much attention to their diet. [/quote]

That’s a broad generalization…

But anyway, good luck Crew, I’ll be following this.

Still going to post pics and such?

Sorry if you already outlined this, but what are the goals looking like now?

[quote]DuncW wrote:
Now that you’ve got a new coach, will you follow the same diet as when you were in the PC, or will there be some changes? I’m asking this because the diets CT gave you were pretty clean, and I know that many powerlifters just eat junk pretty much every day and don’t really pay much attention to their diet. [/quote]

Well actually Nash is def. into the whole nutrition thing. One of the questions he asked me was about my supplement use and I just starting laughing. I told him about the PC and Biotest, whom he had heard of, and was happy that I new my stuff and that I got my supplements from Biotest.

So yes, I will be following the diets CT gave me. My body hates fast food and such so I like eating clean.

Aside from the heavy weights, I would argue that many powerlifters are concerned about their diets and eat mostly clean. Even the super heavy weights are concerned about the amount of calories they take in, but to keep their body at 300lbs they have to eat dense, high calorie foods such as fast food.

[quote]Blongo wrote:
DuncW wrote:
Now that you’ve got a new coach, will you follow the same diet as when you were in the PC, or will there be some changes? I’m asking this because the diets CT gave you were pretty clean, and I know that many powerlifters just eat junk pretty much every day and don’t really pay much attention to their diet.

That’s a broad generalization…

But anyway, good luck Crew, I’ll be following this.

Still going to post pics and such?

Sorry if you already outlined this, but what are the goals looking like now?

[/quote]

You bet I’ll be posting pictures, but mostly of lifting not so much a double bicep lol.

Nash said he wants to take video of my lifts to analize my form as well, so if I can figure it out, I’ll post those on here as well.

oh on a side note, I’ll have to scratch the May 24th Push/Pull meet as one of my friends is getting married that day.

Damn kids getting married on the day I’m trying to lift! Haha anyway I’m looking at alternative meets and there are some March 10 and June 20th that I’m looking into.

So no March 24th meet, but I’ll find one in that time frame to replace it!

Well done with the PC and the meet, Ill be following this to.

[quote]TseanS wrote:
Well done with the PC and the meet, Ill be following this to.[/quote]

Thanks man! Haha y’all will get a kick out of the place I’ll be training out of. Pics of it will be coming Monday.

So it would seem the 100% RAW Federation puts on an interesting meet set-up. I have noticed several of their Bench, Deadlift, Curl events.

Haha they replace the squat with a curl and total the 3 lifts. They should just rename it the “Upper Body Only Meet”.

I am debating on entering one of these, we shall see what Nash has to say about it.

Hey man, are you still using your school email or do you have a new one? Can you PM it to me?

Me and a couple of the other Dungeon guys are doing the Palmetto Classic in October. If youre around you should definitely do it with us, Im sure we could get you a “Clemson Powerlifting” shirt since you used to be a member and all, haha.

[quote]cheeta wrote:
CrewPierce wrote:
So it would seem the 100% RAW Federation puts on an interesting meet set-up. I have noticed several of their Bench, Deadlift, Curl events.

Haha they replace the squat with a curl and total the 3 lifts. They should just rename it the “Upper Body Only Meet”.

CURL??? OH NO!!! HAHAHAHAHAH sorry that just almost had be falling off my chair! Now if you do one of those you haaaaave to post a video of that… I say you do it for laughs (for the wrest of us :wink: )
[/quote]

Lol that was my reaction when I first saw it! Haha i will be sure to include a video.

Congrats on the weight gain, and congrats on finding someone to train with. IMO, that alone with make the biggest possible difference in your results. Good luck bro, we will be watching!

Monopoly

[quote]Monopoly19 wrote:
Congrats on the weight gain, and congrats on finding someone to train with. IMO, that alone with make the biggest possible difference in your results. Good luck bro, we will be watching!

Monopoly[/quote]

Many thanks big man! And thanks for your great logs, I’ve followed along with them since you started the strongman one.

I think I might come check that gym of yours out one weekend. Sounds pretty cool.

[quote]Stronghold wrote:
I think I might come check that gym of yours out one weekend. Sounds pretty cool.[/quote]

Haha well no one is there on the weekends, so you might be making a drive for nothing!

We are there mon, tue, and thur. On Friday Nash and Shannon might be there, not sure though. On Friday’s I train at a gym that’s closer to me.

Sat. was bench work with a 2 board press and some tricep work.

On bench I am working on getting my arms out wider as I have these damn long arms.

Today is my first day training with Nash and it will be a deadlift day.

The plan is:
Mon: Deadlift
Tue: Bench
Wed: off
Thur: Squat
Fri: Weak area work
Sat and Sun: off

Ok so sorry for no pictures yet, I went to take them and my damn camera ran out of charge! So it’s charging now and pictures will be up either tonight or tomorrow morning.

My workout will be as follows:
Monday:
Rotator Therapy: 5 exercises 3x10@ 2.5lbs
Glute Ham Raise: 3x10@ bodyweight
Deadlifts: Alternating between sumo and conventional during warm-ups with a hook grip. Then I use my normal set-up and grip on working sets.
Giant Set:
Wide Grip Pull-ups: 3xMax
Close Grip Pull-ups: 1xMax
V-Handle Pull-ups: 3xMax

Tue:
Clean and Press 3x10xBar
Bench

Wed: Off

Thur:
Squat, no belt

Fri:
Bench 4x20x135
DB Incline 3x12
Low cable fly 3x12

Pull-Up Giant Set From above

Clean and press 3x20xbar

Giant Set:
Upright Rows 3x10
Curl Bar inside grip 3x10
Curl Bar out side grip 3x10

Yesterday I did working sets of 3 on deadlift at 350. Nash mainly wanted to see my form and get me to fire with my hips. I was using all lower back at the meet so I need to work on using my hips.