Creepy?

With the awesome T-Nation community I’m hoping someone can help me out.

At a party tonight a friend of mine was calling me “Creepy Dan”. I didn’t like it and questioned him about it. He said, “I don’t know, you have creepy eyes.”

Does anyone know what this means (referring to the eye) or how I can avoid it? I do well enough with friends and girlfriends but I don’t want to be thought of as creepy.

Thinking about it, if you think of the effects of Spike, I am almost always like that mentally. I can be fairly laid back, but whatever I’m doing I am focused on it. So maybe my eyes are usually in that intense, focused look.

Also, I don’t intimidate easily like in staring contests or when a girl you don’t know stares at you…most people look away but I calmly look back.

I think this may be a similar problem to some of the guys on here that are so “hyuuuge” that they become intimidating. I’m more medium build but strong. I just want to easily get along with people so any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

This post is kinda creepy.

Seriously though, aside from that one guy how do you normally do with people? You said you do alright with friends and girlfriends, if thats true this dude might have just been busting you.

You’re friend is probably just a pussy.

wear a cloak ?

[quote]mazilla wrote:
wear a cloak ?[/quote]

LOL.

Yeah, that would definitly help his situation.

Don’t saunter from shadow to shadow. Especialy in a cloak.

1 Like

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:
This post is kinda creepy.

Seriously though, aside from that one guy how do you normally do with people? You said you do alright with friends and girlfriends, if thats true this dude might have just been busting you.[/quote]

He may have been busting me but even then I bet it was slightly based on truth. Most of the people I know I have known for a while. Also I do tend to get anxious in unfamiliar social settings, but I don’t let it stop me. So maybe that makes me tense around people I don’t know. I’ll know for sure next summer when I’ll be transplanted out of my social network to California.

Ask your friends. Just say you honestly want to know because its bothering you, and if the answer is yes, what makes you look “creepy” and then try fixing it.

Only girls use the term “creepy” to describe guys. Your friend wants you to bone him.

1 Like

[quote]carter12 wrote:
Your friend wants you to bone him.[/quote]

…speaking of creepy.

Oh, you could always get those contacts that white out your whole eye. Wear those, then ask him if those are any better.

These are creepy eyes…

And these are creepy eyes…

Maybe you just don’t blink often, and you don’t notice. Or maybe you tend to stare absent-mindedly (which often translates into psychotically). I seriously wouldn’t stress over it, man.

Do you at least smile or acknowledge people while you are staring down women and strangers?

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:
Don’t saunter from shadow to shadow. Especialy in a cloak.
[/quote]

Definitely cut down on the lurking in the shadows when you’re called out for creepiness…

And yes, that woman’s eyes freak me out a little.

[quote]Colucci wrote:
These are creepy eyes…[/quote]

I remember her. She was in that movie with Rowdy Roddy Piper where he said “I am here to chew bubble gum and kick ass,”.

D

[quote]Dedicated wrote:
Colucci wrote:
These are creepy eyes…

I remember her. She was in that movie with Rowdy Roddy Piper where he said “I am here to chew bubble gum and kick ass,”.

D[/quote]

Meg Foster. That was a bad movie.

DB

[quote]Colucci wrote:
These are creepy eyes…[/quote]

Is that the chick who ate the rat from the classic mini-series “V”?

If so, ten geek points.

Dont know about you guys, but nothing creeps me out more than that weird Burger King guy.

My bet is you invade people’s personal space, say inappropriate things, and perhaps have a mottled or greasy complexion. Creepy is hard to pin down, you just know it when you see it, hear it.

shivers

[quote]vroom wrote:
Do you at least smile or acknowledge people while you are staring down women and strangers?[/quote]

Yeah, not always but usually. I don’t know the friend that was saying it that well and I think he might be holding a grudge against me anyway. So maybe he shouldn’t be my friend but I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt. However I think there is a little truth to it so the plan is try to relax more.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.