Creepy Kid Neighbor

Buy him a cat or a little puppy as a pet. Then, before he beats you to it, kidnap the pet in the middle of the night and use a Dewalt D51855 nail gun to fasten the thing to his door with a 16 penny sinker nail through the forehead. That’ll teach him to fuck with you.

First, and in the interest of comedy.

You have a demon/scary kid who lives next to the house you presumably have sex in and you are wondering what is up. Your dead. That’s what is up. If there is one thing horror movies have taught us it’s that evil things listening to fucking can’t be stopped.

Dibs on any guns/ammo you have…and your new heavy bag.

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
Just hope he doesn’t show up at the door with black eyes[/quote]

I am reading this as “Black Eyed Kids” and not children with black eyes.

Regards,

Robert A

Is the family’s last name Bateman by any chance?

Actual Answer:

Sorry to read this. Documenting what has been done is important, and talking to the child’s parents are the rational first step. I am glad you are doing that. If I read the post correctly your girlfriend has a rental property and the child is creating an issue with her tenant as well. Document the shit out of that. It may ultimately be the only real point of leverage you have.

I am going to put it out there that you are a decent enough judge of people/character to get when something is off. You make this sound like the kid is scary “off” and not a trust fund away from being eccentric “off”. Go with your gut. Sometimes the shunned/isolated kids are shunned for a reason and not purely meanness. It sounds like other children have noticed as well.

Take this seriously, but don’t blow it up worse than it needs to be. It could be a “cry for help”/looking for attention. It could be a sign of serious issue, but issue that won’t be a problem until the kid gets older/more dangerous and learns to hide it. It could be a sign that the child is a victim, that doesn’t preclude him also being a threat.

In addition to talking to the child’s parents, finding out if the other neighbors have noticed anything would be a decent option. This may or may not piss off the child’s parents. I will second the point about animal cruelty/dead animals. If your girlfriend has any pets, or small children, I would think keeping them inside when they are not under direct supervision would be wise.

Best of luck.

Regards,

Robert A

This kid is going to kill you all, run for your lives

[quote]Robert A wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
Just hope he doesn’t show up at the door with black eyes[/quote]

I am reading this as “Black Eyed Kids” and not children with black eyes.

Regards,

Robert A[/quote]
you read correctly

[quote]DBCooper wrote:
Buy him a cat or a little puppy as a pet. Then, before he beats you to it, kidnap the pet in the middle of the night and use a Dewalt D51855 nail gun to fasten the thing to his door with a 16 penny sinker nail through the forehead. That’ll teach him to fuck with you.[/quote]

This is the greatest answer I’ve ever seen on this site, ever.

[quote]Gambit_Lost wrote:
Ok, my 2 cents:

1. Take pics of what the kid has done.
  2. Go talk with the parents to see what’s up.

If the kid is as you say, either the parents will know about it and be actively working on it OR (more likely?) the parents are the root cause. See how the parents react. Be nice and respectful/etc. Tell them you are worried about him. Chances are they will deny that he did it, but they will know he did it. See what you can learn.

After meeting the parents, you have to honestly ask yourself if you have a legitimate reason to believe the kid is being abused. If you do, you have to report it, IMO.

Now I don’t know how NJ is, but if it’s like other states, the child abuse investigators are underpaid, overworked bureaucrats who are “trying to make a difference” but are being given little support and incredible legal burdens. A close family member of mine did it for one year. Within 4 months her caseload was over double the “maximum” they claimed she would have before they hired her. She saw horrible, horrible things. She decided to quit after one year because she knew she could not do the job effectively, and if/when one child fell threw the cracks, she would be held legally responsible. So realize what you are getting yourself involved with.

IMO, your primary concern is with 1) Your girlfriend’s safety, 2) the welfare of the child, 3) the welfare of your community. HOPEFULLY, when you go talk with the parents, they are aware of the situation and actively working to help. Realistically, that probably won’t be the case.

Situation sucks. Good luck. [/quote]

Great post, thanks for that.

The update here is that my girlfriend’s tenant went and showed the kid’s old man, and the guy was kind of like “Oh my god…”

They’ve been gone all day I heard. My girlfriend went to the cops and they’re going to talk to the family, apparently they promptly knew who she was talking about - which makes me think there have been reports already, maybe through the school or whatever.

And one of the other neighbors also had am issue with him throwing rocks at them or something like that evidently as well, so this kid may actually fall into the “Damien” category.

I am going to be searching the shit out of the neighborhood for missing dog and cat signs, because I think this kid is real deal fuckin crazy.

[quote]CroatianRage wrote:
My girlfriend just got done reading The Gift of Fear which is basically about how human intuition is usually correct in regard to this sort of behavior. If you have an uneasy feeling about this kid then it’s surely for a reason, plus his behavior isn’t acceptable. Don’t let this stand and become the victim of another kid who “was just quiet, but never bothered anyone.” Better off to approach the parents and be seen as a dickhead than have something terrible happen to your girlfriend.[/quote]

Yea I’ve always believed that as well - the gut is rarely wrong.

Hopefully by approaching the police and likely talking to the parents soon, this will at least begin the process of… well, doing whatever needs to be done.

[quote]punnyguy wrote:
Gambit Lost made a great post with excellent points -the parents’ reaction should be key.

Another poster mentioned the dead animals bit , which has an extremely high correlation to translate to adult behavior. Seriously, if dead animals (mutilated as well?) or “lost” cat or dog posters start showing up in your neighborhood, you will have to either move or kill the kid first (just hyperbole of course) before he kills you.
[/quote]

Yea, as said before, the parents have always been pretty cool. Normal, working class people. I think that they actually think something is wrong but don’t know how to handle it… that’s the feeling I get.

The father’s reaction was enough. He didn’t deny it at all.

[quote]Robert A wrote:
Actual Answer:

Sorry to read this. Documenting what has been done is important, and talking to the child’s parents are the rational first step. I am glad you are doing that. If I read the post correctly your girlfriend has a rental property and the child is creating an issue with her tenant as well. Document the shit out of that. It may ultimately be the only real point of leverage you have.

I am going to put it out there that you are a decent enough judge of people/character to get when something is off. You make this sound like the kid is scary “off” and not a trust fund away from being eccentric “off”. Go with your gut. Sometimes the shunned/isolated kids are shunned for a reason and not purely meanness. It sounds like other children have noticed as well.
[/quote]

Interesting thought. Probably true about the other kids…

[quote]

Take this seriously, but don’t blow it up worse than it needs to be. It could be a “cry for help”/looking for attention. It could be a sign of serious issue, but issue that won’t be a problem until the kid gets older/more dangerous and learns to hide it. It could be a sign that the child is a victim, that doesn’t preclude him also being a threat.

In addition to talking to the child’s parents, finding out if the other neighbors have noticed anything would be a decent option. This may or may not piss off the child’s parents. I will second the point about animal cruelty/dead animals. If your girlfriend has any pets, or small children, I would think keeping them inside when they are not under direct supervision would be wise.

Best of luck.

Regards,

Robert A[/quote]

She never lets her dog out without her out there as it is, but yea, it’s going to be fuckin lock and key from now on.

Definitely

By the way - guess what color this fucking kid’s hair is?

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
By the way - guess what color this fucking kid’s hair is?[/quote]
ginger?

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

ginger?[/quote]

Of course!

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

ginger?[/quote]

Of course![/quote]
He’s coming for your souls, mayne

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

ginger?[/quote]

Of course![/quote]
He’s coming for your souls, mayne[/quote]

They say each freckle represents a stolen soul and he’s gonna have one more soon me thinks.

Sounds like some serious Berkowitz shit.

Honestly, I’d straight up spy on this kid and see what other weird stuff he’s into.

I cant believe you guys are scared of a 7-10 year old.
He probably saw some horror movie and is just bullying you since you are obviously so easily frightened.

Good comments already, I’ve got nothing to add other than this is fucking awesome and I’m looking forward to updates. Of course I’m sorry that your girlfriend and her tennant have to deal with this, and I hope nobody gets hurt.