Creative Cooking

Throw out your favorite way to make ground beef, chicken, steak, pork or whatever you like. I need some new ideas.

Pulled pork tacos. Great on tortillas or rice or beans or on salad greens.

ingredients

1.5 to 2 lb pork loin
1 jar of your favorite salsa (about 16 oz)
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 Tbsp cocoa powder

Mix the powders and the salsa in a crockpot. Cook the loin for 6 hours or so. If you cook long enough, it will practically fall apart when you shred it with a fork.

I like piling avocado on top when I eat it.

I do a lot of cooking, but this recipe gives the biggest taste bang for the time invested. It’s ridiculously easy and awesome.

[quote]booksbikesbeer wrote:
but this recipe gives the biggest taste bang for the time invested. It’s ridiculously easy…[/quote]
I like the sound of this

Pork - Grab a couple small pork loins. I tend to buy them when they are on sale and just freeze them up until I need them. Rub them down with a combination of white pepper, paperika, salt, chili pepper, cumin, and oregano. Let it sit in the fridge overnight. Then throw it in the crock pot for 8+ hours. I use a whole bottle of stubb’s BBQ Sauce and 1/2 a cup of apple cider vinegar, and 1/2 cup of water.

Beef - Ground beef and Mrs. Dash are a match made in heaven. I use a shit ton of that stuff when cooking ground beef.
That’s all I have because I end up just soaking everything in Frank’s Red Hot anyways.

Love throwing ground beef, salt, pepper, cumin, curry powder, chili powder, rice, veggies, and eggs in a skillet and cook it all together. Serve it in a big ass bowl. Packs a ton of calories and macros and it is delicious.

[quote]GrizzlyBerg wrote:
Love throwing ground beef, salt, pepper, cumin, curry powder, chili powder, rice, veggies, and eggs in a skillet and cook it all together. Serve it in a big ass bowl. Packs a ton of calories and macros and it is delicious. [/quote]

Sounds like a nice easy way to get some good food in. Especially when tired and lazy and unsure what to make.

I’m assuming you pre-cook the rice?

[quote]booksbikesbeer wrote:

[quote]GrizzlyBerg wrote:
Love throwing ground beef, salt, pepper, cumin, curry powder, chili powder, rice, veggies, and eggs in a skillet and cook it all together. Serve it in a big ass bowl. Packs a ton of calories and macros and it is delicious. [/quote]

Sounds like a nice easy way to get some good food in. Especially when tired and lazy and unsure what to make.

I’m assuming you pre-cook the rice?[/quote]

Yeah. I cook the rice (in bulk) in a slow cooker on low for a few hours. Makes perfect sticky rice.

I have used that recipe for pretty much every type of meat whenever I feel lazy. I just did it with cubed steak last night and it was really good.

Seasoned tomatoes and okra (canned). Cook the pork or beef in pan with salt & pepper or whatever you like. When its 95% done dump the can of seasoned tomatoes and okra into the pan so the juices are here when the veggie heat up.

Makes any boring pork chop or burger taste good. Add hot sauce too.

Saute PB, soy sauce, grated ginger (keep it frozen and it’s easy), lime and srirachi sauce.

Cut chicken in strips and add half the sauce to mix throughout… The other half is for dipping.

Broil chicken strips for 10-12 minutes, garnish with cilantro or any other herb and eat with a side salad and carb if required.

This is also a good Super Bowl substitute for chicken wings. Enjoy!

I’m looking forward to trying some of the pork loin in the slow cookers. Thanks!

Curried Brussels Sprouts with Chicken and Almonds. You’ll get two meals from this.

250g of Brussels Sprouts
100g Almonds
Couple of chicken breasts
100g pasta
Creme fraiche
Curry powder

Bake the chicken breasts. And boil pasta.

Chop and stir fry the sprouts until they begin to soften. Throw in the almonds. Add the creme fraiche and once it’s melted add the curry powder. Chop the cooked chicken breasts and throw them and the pasta into the sprouts. Stir and serve.

Everythings sounds delicious…I gotta get some curry powder and cumin

[quote]chobbs wrote:
Everythings sounds delicious…I gotta get some curry powder and cumin [/quote]

Girlfriend got me a spice rack for christmas (bout $80 worth of nice spices). Best present I ever got. Curry and Cumin are two of my favorite spices in it. Also try fennel seed with ground beef.

Mccormick’s slow cooker pulled pork, and sweet and savory pulled chicken. Both recipes are almost identical and taste great.

Also slow cooker chuck roast

get a 2.5-3.5 LB chuck roast

3 Jars of mezzeta roasted red bell peppers
1 Jar of mezzeta pepperoncini mild I’m not sure if that’s how you spell it .

I salt and pepper the roast to taste then put all the peppers in and set it on low for 8 hours.

Chicken, lots of Mrs. Dash Garlic Herb seasoning, salt to taste, red pepper flakes. Throw it in the crock pot for 6 hours. Shred with a fork. Let sit for another 30 minutes. Just did it today. Crazy good.

…I need a crock pot