Creatinine and PSA Blood Test Results

I didn’t see a topic to pick from. Recently got labs from what I thought was a progressive clinic. They offer all kinds of services like peptide therapy and TRT HRT thyroid etc. The doctor looked at my current over the counter supplements took my blood and when the results came back she says that because my creatinine levels are slightly high and my PSA is high she will not provide any services for me. She literally ghosted me and her desk person relay the information. My PSA is 3.1. The high limit on the blood test is 4.0. I don’t take creatine at all and it always reads high. My g FR calculated filtration rate always reads a couple points too low, but when I go to my nephrologist and he does a 24-hour creatinine clearance test where I pee into big buckets for 24 hours and then take it to the lab the results come back with superior creatinine clearance. That of a pretty young man.

I am not a young man, I am 61 years old. I’ve been lifting weights since the age of 16. I have progressively gained muscle while completely natural and after some surgeries to replace my hips, a bicep tendon and a shoulder labrum, my testosterone dropped and they put me on therapy about 15 years ago. I have always run over a thousand and I have always got prescriptions. My testosterone level at this test was 1076. My free t available is 528, with calculated at 203.

It’s frustrating that what I thought it was a progressive clinic would simply prescribe a different dose, maybe bringing me down? I live in the Atlanta area and I have the money to pay for whatever I want out of pocket but I would prefer my provider be through my insurance and provide other services. I am in a small town south of Atlanta. Does anybody have any advice on clinics that are more progressive? It seems like this doctor and others that I see are using very antiquated methods of calculating maximum testosterone levels. I had a urologist in Nebraska let me get into the 2000 range and then he cycled me back after 90 days. But then I moved to Georgia.

Any advice? Are there any doctors on this forum? Any recommendations for a more progressive clinic that will look at the whole picture? Again, I don’t use creatine right now. Haven’t had any for several months and for a period of time that was several years, I didn’t use any as well and the creatinine levels were always testing high. My doctor in Nebraska and my nephrologist say that because I’m carrying an extra 40 to 50 lb of muscle above the average male my age, my numbers don’t line up and the tests are not accurate. Any suggestions comments or criticisms are welcomed.

Currently I’m at 242 lb, about 5’11, body fat 24.5% as tested on in body 570 machine. I have two fully replaced hips, the right distal bicep tendon has been reattached, and I had an SLAP repair on my shoulder as well as a Mumford procedure some years ago but I have fully recovered and have been a recreational lifter for decades. I know I could lose 20 lb which I gained after about of COVID in early December. My covid symptoms made me very hungry and I had no respiratory issues. But I gained a lot of fat just sitting around for a month eating everything in sight.
Much appreciated

1 Like

Brother, looking at those labs the E2 is a problem. Especially for someone your age with replaced hips etc. Weren’t you the one that takes 3mg a week of Arimadex with your protocol? You feel fine with that low E2? Even if you felt fine I would almost guarantee you will have downstream effects.

The best clinic I can recommend is Defy. They will do telemedicine for you and the docs/PAs know their stuff fairly well. I wouldn’t focus too much on TT numbers or chasing them. Yes your PSA is high, you should check that out for good measure.

High Creatinine is common in lifters due to high protein diets, increase muscle, and work out regimens.

1 Like

Yes I am going to ask for a bone density scan to check my spine since they’ve had me on that dose of e blocker for so long. I expect them to lower my testosterone by at least 20% this next prescription as well. Appreciate the feedback. I will look at the other provider you mentioned.

2 Likes

Creatine can slightly increase creatinine, not a big deal and does not apply to you anyway. So can dehydration, heavy exercise and high protein diets. High protein intake can lower GFR. Older men have higher PSA levels. Keep an eye on it. Get the free PSA checked.

2 Likes

I follow a doctor on YouTube that treat various medical problems, many of them men who have been on aromatase inhibitors (3 mg per week) long term and whenever he finds a level <5, he always finds problems, mostly osteoporosis.

You should get a dexa scan.

1 Like

I’ve schedule a dexascan and My provider is reviewing the labs. They’re probably going to reduce my doses of both the inhibitor and the T. I have two opinions on my prostate. One guy says it’s not enlarged and the other guy says it is and has me on alfuszosin. I will be getting it checked at the urologist this December. I sure appreciate all you guys timing in. Very helpful to get advice. I do a lot of reading and you have to take everything you read with a grain of salt. I also don’t necessarily trust the blood work 100%, so I get second opinions often.:pray:

2 Likes

My nephrologist perform a creatinine clearance and cystatin test last year and we were in great shape. But I am definitely insulin resistant so I’m watching my sugars and testing. My blood sugar is high in the morning even though I’m in the fasting state. So I typically don’t eat anything until lunch time or as late as 2:30 in the afternoon basically doing an intermittent fast after dinner. I have a beer habit as well that’s not very good for blood sugar. So I need to back that off. Sure appreciate your input! :pray:

1 Like