Creating a Football Program for Linemen - Help and Advice Needed

Alright, I was weightlifting with my football team until I felt like i wanted to do my own workout because i wouldn’t have enough time to finish my homework and i wouldn’t get enough sleep so I asked my Coach if I could do my own workout program and he said if I was starting my own workout program I better impress him by strength and speed by the time spring practice for football started. So I started to get my workout plan down.

Basically, I workout Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday because it is more easier for time management

My bench is by far my weakest lift because everyone benches in the 200’s except for me… so a lot of emphasis will be put on it, especially at first.

I want to work on my plyometrics, medicine ball exercises, and do drills with the agility ladder as my warm up along with some dynamic warm ups before i start working out.

My football team would usually squat on Monday, Bench on Tuesday, Squat on thursday, and bench on friday but since i am only doing it 3 days a week i am somehow going to fit into the workouts

So far, this is basically what I am thinking:

----Warm up For Tuesday

• Dynamic Warmup
  • Agility Ladder Drills
  • Box Jumps 1x then Box Jumps Over 1x (have multiple box jumps, repeat for 3 times each)
  • Wall March
  • Medicine Ball Chest Throw (with partner) 4 sets of 10
  • Medicine Ball Overhead Throw (with partner) 4 sets of 10

----Tuesday

• Squat (Heavy): 8, 7, 5, 3-4, 7 reps
  • Deadlift (light): 12-15 reps
  • Dumbbell Bulgarian Split Squat (light) 2 sets of 6 reps each side
  • Hang Clean (heavy) 5 sets of 4 reps
  • Dumbbell Sumo Squat (heavy) 2 sets of 10 reps
  • Barbell Explosive Side Lunges (light) 2 sets of 8 reps

----Thursday Warmup

• Static Stretch Warmup
  • Circut Line Jumps
  • Lateral Box Jumps Overs
  • Medicine Ball Chest Throw (with partner) 3 sets of 10
  • Medicine Ball Overhead Throw (with partner) 3 sets of 10
  • Broad Jumps

----Thursday

• Bench (heavy): 10,7,6,3-4 reps
  • 3 way Shoulder Shocker: 3 sets of 15 each way
  • Tricep Extension on TRX Rope superset with Inverted Rows on TRX
  • Medicine Ball Slam superset with Wide Grip Pull Assisted: 3 sets of 10 for Medicine ball and 3 sets of 9-12 for Pullups (Substitute for Lat
    Pulldowns for big guys 10-12 reps)
  • Dumbbell Single Arm Chest Press: 3 sets of 10 reps
  • Medicine Ball Pushup: 2 sets of 10

----Saturday Warmup
Dynamic Warmup
Lateral Box Jumps: 3 sets of 5
Front Box Jumps: 3 sets of 5
Medicine Ball Chest Throw: 2 sets of 10
Medicine Ball Overhead Throw: 2 sets of 10

----Saturday

• Box Squat (Heavy) 10,8,5,5,5
  • Resistance Band Bench Press 10,8,5,5,5
  • Hang Clean (Light) 5 sets of 4
  • Reverse Pushup Barbell Feet Elevated: 2 sets of 10
  • Romanian Deadlift (Heavy): 3 sets of 5
  • Push Press (light): 4 sets of 5
  • Dumbbell One Arm Row on Incline Bench: 2 sets of 10
  • Chin Ups superset with Tricep Dips (as a big pump for the end): To Failure

I want to do something like that for the first 1-3 months (probably more like 2), or whenever I stop seeing strength gains.Please be specific in what exercises to do and why I should do them; what they’ll do for me. And please, no B.S. there is plenty out there already. But all kidding aside, being only 15 and started to weightlift last year , I have A LOT to learn. I don’t have anyone to teach me or guide me though this stuff so please give me all the help you can. Also, please don’t feel the need to limit yourself to exercises or workout plans, I would love and greatly appreciate any tips or things you wish someone had told you when you first started working out.

Literally everything in Wendler’s Letter to a Young Jim Wendler applies to you. Do that.

The program you came up with is wrong in about a half-dozen different ways.