T Nation

Creatine

hi,
i just read through the creatine report 2006 and the creatine controversy article, and decided to follow the 3gr. post workout protocol.

a few questions still remain:

1. what kind of creatine should i use?
    powder, liquid or do capsules make any sense.

2. should i also take creatine after football practice or solely after weight workouts.

3. if i want to lay of for a lil bit, when and how long should i do so?

ur help is greatly appreciated!

sebastian
Germany

1. Use plain old creatine monohydrate powder - such as the one sold on this site.

2. You can use it after football if you like, I’d personally just use it after weight training. As far as I know there wouldn’t be any added benefit.

3. You don’t really need to cycle creatine, but as far as I remember, it’s recommended you cycle any supplement you use for more than 3 months at a time. In other words you could take a month break, every 3 months.

The 2006 report (interview?) says that it absorbs best after anerobic work with some carbs and a bit of sodium, but that it will absorb satisfacorily anytime. It also remains in muscle for several weeks after you stop taking it so cycling shouldn’t be a problem. I just read this article Friday at work incidentally.

–Tiribulus->

If I have to hear “ya’mo be there one more time” ya’mo burn this place to the ground.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
If I have to hear “ya’mo be there one more time” ya’mo burn this place to the ground.[/quote]

Forgive my sincere ignorance, but could I prevail upon you to be kind as to share with me what exactly the hell this means?
Thanks,

–Tiribulus->

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
rrjc5488 wrote:
If I have to hear “ya’mo be there one more time” ya’mo burn this place to the ground.

Forgive my sincere ignorance, but could I prevail upon you to be kind as to share with me what exactly the hell this means?
Thanks,

–Tiribulus->[/quote]

Its from the 40 year old virgin how he complains he hears the same concert tape everyday for two years in a row. Seems like a creatine thread is just as often occurring.

TC has my vote to change the creatine ‘more info’ to “Yes, its safe. Just fucking take it.”

[quote]cbass20002000 wrote:

1. what kind of creatine should i use?
    powder, liquid or do capsules make any sense.
    [/quote]

Just to expand a little on the answer before, liquid and capsules don’t make sense at all. Capsules are incredibly expensive compared to plain monohydrate powder, while I haven’t seen any data on a creatine suspension that doesn’t turn into primarily creatinine after a short time (far shorter than it’s on the shelf).

Are football and weight workouts the same day? If they’re not, I’d take a bit every day, so after practice would be just fine.

Not real sure why you’d want to, but stopping use at any time is fine, as is restarting at any time you want the benefits.

I realize you’re from Deutschland, but just as a heads up, I wouldn’t use “ur” anywhere except casual conversation between personal friends. It’s not accepted for use by intelligent adults, despite how often you may see it used around the internet.

Have a good one,

Dan

Well, I thought this would be better than another creatine thread. LOL
Quick question: Just ordered some today along with more Surge. I’ve read a bunch of articles on creatine but…they’re mostly conflicting information. I’m a bit lost on when it’s best to take it, to load or not to load and to cycle it or not.
Is David Barr always right? I’m pretty sure he said pwo only, no loading, and no cycling. Is this a good way to go?
I ask because logically speaking, how can you get the benefits of it during your workout if you use it up after?

[quote]muscleshark wrote:
Is David Barr always right? I’m pretty sure he said pwo only, no loading, and no cycling. Is this a good way to go?
[/quote]

Yes.

Don’t worry about the technicalities, just follow what’s mentioned here.