Creatine

So, I know this is a bit of a subjective topic. I take my creatine every morning with Power Drive.
I know some say that it doesn’t really matter when you take it as long as you take it every day. I also put it in with my Surge after a workout, but that’s only 3 days/week.

So the recommended use says:
Mix one scoop (5 g) in 16 ounces of cold water that also contains one or more insulinogenic ingredients, such as essential amino acids, branched-chain amino acids, whey isolate, or grape juice. Drink immediately after mixing.

Now, what exactly is considered an essential amino acid?
Tyrosine is an amino acid.
Power Drive has L-Tyrosine.
Is L-Tyrosine an essential amino acid?
Is it acceptable/recommended to mix Power Drive with creatine in the morning?

Can someone please clear this up for me?
Thanks.

You can just mix it with hot water too. The need to mix it with something specific is fairly over-rated.

Also, let me get this straight- on workout days you are using it twice? Once in the morning and again later with your Surge? Why twice?

Well… the main reason i guess is because it’s dirt cheap.
Also, just in case I wasn’t taking it properly in the morning I make sure to get it after a workout when it’s recommended.

CW suggests taking it after a workout.
On days where you have 2 workouts, like in his new training frontier program, he suggests you take it after both workouts.

Check out these two articles and all your questions should be answered, about Creatine at least.

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459369

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1085045

[quote]tad wrote:

Now, what exactly is considered an essential amino acid?
Tyrosine is an amino acid.
Power Drive has L-Tyrosine.
Is L-Tyrosine an essential amino acid?
Is it acceptable/recommended to mix powerdrive with creatine in the morning?

Can someone please clear this up for me?
Thanks.[/quote]

I agree with eengrms.

though if you want to know what an Essential Amino Acid is, it is an amino acid that cannot be synthesized by the body. There are 8 that NEED to come from the diet. Phenylalanine. Valine. Tyrosine. Threonine. Isoleucine. Methionine. Histidine. Alanine. Leucine. Lysine.

So, L-Tyrosine is just a form of Tyrosine? Therefore, it’s an essential amino acid and I am taking it as recommended per the label at least?

yea L-tyrosine is tyrosine. so yes.