Creatine???

Could you give me some brands of micronized creatine that you recommend? I don’t buy supplements outside of Biotest but it looks like I’ll need to for creatine. Do you recommend taking it? I’m a 21 year old newbie. Any information you would like to share with me on it would be great.

PM me.

Dont fall for any of that CEE, super esterfied, or sugar coated hyper bolic creatine, Kre Alkaline, BS.

Just get a plain ole simple Creatine Monohydrate, Micronized is good. Look for Creapure on the label. Just take 5 grams a day no need to load bt if you want go for it, the stuff is cheap and effective.

Hope that helps,
Phill

Is monohydrate and Micronized the same? I have not been able to find micronized anywhere. Is there a specific brand to look for? Everything I come across says monohydrate.

Thanks

How do you measure 5 grams without a scale?

Does anyone know the volume?

i’ve heard roughly a spoonful is 5 grams. also AST micronized creatin is what i use.

Ok yes monohydrate creatine is the same as Micronized Monohydrate. The micronized is just in smaller particles. Nothing to special. Just get a monohydrate.

1 tsp is approx. 5g. which is plenty.

You can get the stuff anywhere from walmart to drug stores. Just get creatine no other additives. dont fall for the sugar laden crap they will try and sell you for double or triple the price.

Hope that helps,
Phill

5 grams is about the same size as a full tea-spoon.

It’s been said before by Tim and others… make sure the bottle has the “Creapure” brand on it and you’ll be getting the good stuff. It’s pretty much the benchmark/standard in terms of quality.

[quote]lucidhaze wrote:
It’s been said before by Tim and others… make sure the bottle has the “Creapure” brand on it and you’ll be getting the good stuff. It’s pretty much the benchmark/standard in terms of quality.[/quote]

That’s exactly what I use, never knew anyone else used it. I thought it was unpopular.

Does anyone know of any truth to the suggestion that taking creatine with juice that is high in sugar is more effective?

[quote]Mr2Geez wrote:
Does anyone know of any truth to the suggestion that taking creatine with juice that is high in sugar is more effective? [/quote]

yes i know. Im not telling though.

[quote]Mr2Geez wrote:
Does anyone know of any truth to the suggestion that taking creatine with juice that is high in sugar is more effective? [/quote]

That idea has been around for quite a while…you might want to run a search on this site because there are several ideas out there. I do remember that dietary sodium may also play a role in absorption, I guess it’s a function of how theoretical you wanna get with your nutrition :D.

What I do though is mix in 5g in my PW Surge drink like CW recommends in most of his literature. As far as non-training days, I just drink down 5g with one of my high carb meals. This is practical and seems to work for me…just food for thought…