Creatine

Hi im 16 and i was just wondering if it is safe and effective for me to take creatine. im 5’9 150lbs and i want to weight 165. I workout 3 times a week full body workouts. What is the best kind of creatine and what company do you recomend?

Any help will be appreciated.

I don’t think anyone would disagree that it is both safe and effective (for at least some people). As far as type, just get any brand of CREATINE MONOHYDRATE. Don’t get anything fancy, just the above, it’s all you need. I’ve found a couple good deals on ProLab stuff near where I live, so that’s the only brand I really know. But like I said, just get anything that fits the bill.
BTW, as soon as you say you want to weigh X amount, people are going to want to know how you’re going to do it i.e. what you’re doing in the gym and what you’re eating. If you don’t have your diet in order, or plan on getting it together, don’t expect much support. Those are just the facts - people here won’t help you out if you refuse to dial in your diet, b/c you are just setting yourself up for failure. On the other hand, if you need help with that, there are plenty of articles around and many people smarter than me to guide you along the way! Good luck.

Hi young guy. :slight_smile:

Creatine is safe. There are many articles and studies showing its effectiveness and safety. Don’t worry about that. No loading phase. 5-10 grams everyday(1tbsp = 5grams). I use 5 grams on off days(non-training) and 10 grams on training days. On training days I use 5 grams of creatine mono. during the workout and 5 grams after. *Or 5 grams 10 minutes before my workout and 5 grams during. Most would agree standard creatine monohydrate without anything added is versatile and best suited. You can mix it in post-workout drinks, take it by itself, or mix it into green tea in the morning. Again, lots of studies showing its safety and effectiveness.

Your 16 and have a great deal to learn about training. I have a lot to learn and I am 22! Read this site like crazy every day! Use some of their quality supplements- To start, take a look at Surge, power drive, Grow!

I really like those and my creatine. Stick with those, good nutrition, good training and you’ll go far.

Good luck and get to reading.

-Get Lifted

Hey quadethefinest, this is a great article about creatine, it basically answers all your questions you may have.
http://t-nation.com/findArticle.do?article=10creat

Having said that, creatine is NOT the wonder supplement people make it out to be. The first things you should be looking into are training and especially diet, eat like a pig foods like chicken breasts, beef, ham, turkey, etc. Supplements are called supplements because they are supplementary to a good diet.

you won’t have the same effect of creatine as adults…
I speak from my own experience, was working out one year when i wazs 16
then started a creatine cycle (with loading/maintaining) but i didn’t do shit…

Now i see a little effect and i’m 20

peeps told me creatine didn’t work that great coz you have a huge testosteron boost when training in puberity
using tribilus wouldn’t help either now for you :slight_smile:

[quote]acidreign wrote:
you won’t have the same effect of creatine as adults…
I speak from my own experience, was working out one year when i wazs 16
then started a creatine cycle (with loading/maintaining) but i didn’t do shit…

Now i see a little effect and i’m 20

peeps told me creatine didn’t work that great coz you have a huge testosteron boost when training in puberity using tribilus wouldn’t help either now for you :slight_smile: [/quote]

This is not true, creatine has absolutely nothing to do with effecting testosterone like AAS or tribilus. I personally saw my best results from creatine at like 16 because my diet was so bad i wasnt getting it from natural meats. Dont get me wrong it still works, but a good diet is 10x more important than creatine.

Quad,

I agree with TFlex about good nutrition and good training being a first priority if your looking for lasting results and big gains. :slight_smile:

The endurance factor of creatine I believe has helped me a great deal in increasing strength. When doing explosive movements or intense work under one minute long I get a better workout and that in turn can create more strength. I think creatine is a great supplement and has been part of my training for years. I personally have noticed increase in strength and endurance.

However, I would suggest adjusting your nutrition “as you go along and learn.” Instead of trying to get both nutrition and training *perfect before you even start I would keep tweeking your training and nutrition as you go along. This will give you some momentum. It may be beneficial to start on creatine right away and some of those other supplements from biotest to help you out while you tweak your training and nutrition. In other words, don’t wait until you know everything is perfect to start improvement on your body.

My final advice for you:

1. Value sound nutrition and training above all else.

2. Supplements are exactly what Tflex said. “supplements are to supplement good nutrition.”

3. creatine is safe and effective for endurance and strength, so it is likely beneficial to take it.

4. I would specifically consider going ahead with a protein blend to enhance your nutrition/training- That is Grow!

5. Take a look at Surge for wokout/post workout.

6. Grab some creatine monohydrate.

7. Read this site like crazy concerning nutrition and training and implement them “as you go along.”!

Good luck!

-Get Lifted

What about any side effects ive herd you can get acne is this true? how much water shood i drink when i take creatine?

Thanks

There is side effects to taking creatine…

The side effects are: Increased strength and endurance. A positive side effect. If that is something you are willing to tolerate then by all means go ahead with creatine monohydrate. :slight_smile:

Cramping, Acne, kidney and liver problems are simply created by mass propaganda and the media. They are simply un-backed claims. In other words, Not true.

The organs like about 3 liters of water per day. Athletes may require more… 6 liters a day would be great. Always drink 3 liters of water everyday if you can not meet the 6. This would be healthy. :slight_smile:

Happy lifting,

-Get Lifted

Creatine never really worked for me. I know others swear by it, and I have had friends whom it really seemed to help. I suppose it’s possible I just don’t respond. I’m going to try it again soon, maybe I simply didn’t stay on long enough. I’m 21 now, last time I was 19 I think.

[quote]infin|ty wrote:
Creatine never really worked for me. I know others swear by it, and I have had friends whom it really seemed to help. I suppose it’s possible I just don’t respond. I’m going to try it again soon, maybe I simply didn’t stay on long enough. I’m 21 now, last time I was 19 I think.[/quote]

I really have no idea if non-responders do exist, but I just listened to the on-line phone chat b/w JB and Charles Staley. The topic of creatine came up and they talked about “non-responders.” JB does NOT, (from his numerous lab studies on creatine) believe in the non-responder theory, (although, he did say there may be non-responders - it’s still unclear). He believes that some people don’t respond to creatine b/c the cells are already loaded - not b/c the cells are immune to creatine.

Infinity, this could be a reason creatine didn’t seem to work for you. Could be other reasons as well. Maybe when you took it at 19, your training program and nutition program was sub-par. Hope you have everything together and your body does RESPOND this time around.

GL,

Danny