Creatine With a Fat Loss Supp?

I’ve been a T-Nation reader for a couple months now, and I finally have a question to ask. I was wondering if I’m taking a fat loss supplement would it be okay to take creatine at the same time? I want to get cut but at the same time I want to get bigger as well (is this contradicting?). Or should I be taking one first rather than later, ie: get cut then get big or vice versa.
Thanks

[quote]Rico Suave wrote:
I’ve been a T-Nation reader for a couple months now, and I finally have a question to ask. I was wondering if I’m taking a fat loss supplement would it be okay to take creatine at the same time? I want to get cut but at the same time I want to get bigger as well (is this contradicting?). Or should I be taking one first rather than later, ie: get cut then get big or vice versa.
Thanks[/quote]

It can be done but it’s tough to go for both goals at the same time. For me it’s more effective to go for one at a time. Some people will tell you to use creatine to help maintain your strength while in a caloric deficit. Others will tell you they retain too much water and don’t like it. For me…I would use it…I don’t think that much is retained by using it that it would make a difference until maybe you get to those final couple percentage points. Experiment and see what you find out.

Thanks vbm, I’m going to to take both I believe. I’ll try to remember to update and post my results. If anyone else can throw me their 2cents…lets hear it :slight_smile: