Creatine Weight Gain

So I started on creatine for the millionth time and I have completely forgot my experiences; as far as weight gain goes.

What have some of ya had for weight gain? I went from weighing 179 at 7pm to 183 at 4:30pm within a week.

I did a mini-loading phase (10g/day for 5 days); and i increased my calories about 300kcals. This might also effect it; I had a ‘free day’ yesterday where I had more carbs then normal (more then 50g)

Still; a 4lb increase seems to be alot; I still look as lean as I did from what I can tell.

~b rock

Just out of curiousity, why do you keep going on and off?

Brian, you should no better. A 4 lb weight fluxuations isn’t that serios, especially after a day of increased carbs, and your “free” day probably had more sodium in it. Then take into effect stomache contents and a 300kcal surplus for a week and 4lbs is expected. Also, loading creatine may also contribute to the water retention.

Have a good one.

[quote]tw0scoops2 wrote:
Just out of curiousity, why do you keep going on and off?[/quote]

I went off at the end of my cutting phase to drop off that water weight and see what my total weight was.

Lee, thanks for the slap in the brain there. Last night it just seemed like alot to me. I’m not bloated and I still look as lean as I did at 179; so I’m not too worried.

Many people gain 7 to 10 pounds as a result of loading for 7 to 10 days, so I really wouldn’t sweat 4 pounds.

My weight often fluctuates 4 to 5 pounds on a daily basis anyway.

when getting cut you should stay on creatine it will help you burn more fat, the water puffiness passes within 2 days of not taking it.
But yeah I put on about 5 lbs once I get loaded, look puffy all around.

[quote]HunterKiller wrote:
when getting cut you should stay on creatine it will help you burn more fat, the water puffiness passes within 2 days of not taking it.
But yeah I put on about 5 lbs once I get loaded, look puffy all around. [/quote]

Yep, I did stay on creatine while cutting. No way I’d do it without. I stopped creatine AFTER my cut; to rid myself of waterweight. (when I stopped my HRX/creatine/cutting diet, i still lost another 3lbs)