T Nation

Creatine Vs. Glutamine

I just wrote a couple articles comparing the two… researching the basics of both supplements… you can check it out if you want… Let me know which you prefer from personal experience. creatine or glutamine? I’ve taken them both individually and together and I really don’t have a favorite.

Here’s the articles:

Part 1 - What are They?
http://hubpages.com/Bendo13/hub/Creatine_vs_Glutamine-Part_1-_What_are_they

Part 2 - Sources
http://hubpages.com/Bendo13/hub/Creatine_vs_Glutamine-Part_2-_Sources

Part 3 - Benefits of Creatine
http://hubpages.com/Bendo13/hub/Creatine_vs_Glutamine-Part_3-_Benefits

Part 4 - Benefits of Glutamine
http://hubpages.com/Bendo13/hub/Creatine_vs_Glutamine-Part_4-_Benefits_cont

Part 5 - Side Effects and Cons
http://hubpages.com/Bendo13/hub/Creatine_vs_Glutamine-Part_5-_Side_Effects_and_Cons

Part 6 - How Much Should I Take and When?
http://hubpages.com/Bendo13/hub/Creatine_vs_Glutamine-Part_6-_How_Much_Should_I_Take_and_When

Part 7 - Final Comparison
http://hubpages.com/Bendo13/hub/Creatine_vs_Glutamine-Part_7-_Final_Comparison

You should have done more research.

In your intro, you wrote: "Creatine is a nitrogenous organic acid that is naturally created in vertebrates (any animal with a backbone). It’s synthesized mainly in the liver, and also in the kidney and pancreas, from 3 amino acids (arginine, glycine and methionine).

About 95% of creatine is stored in our muscle and the rest is stored in the heart, brain & testes (if you have them). About 1/3 of the creatine in your body is just plain old creatine, the rest is creatine bound to a phosphate molecule (phosphocreatine)."

Do you write the A1 Nutrition Blog? As an entry from that blog reads:
"Creatine is a nitrogenous organic acid that naturally occurs in vertebrates and helps to supply energy to muscle cells. Put differently, it is a naturally occuring substance found in our bodies as well as in the foods that we consume.

The creatine that is normally present in human muscle may come from two potential sources, dietary (animal flesh), and/or internally manufactured. The human body is capable of synthesizing creatine in the liver, pancreas, and kidneys from the amino acids glycine, arginine, and methionine. This substance can also be found mainly in meat type foods such steak, fish, pork, tuna, etc."

blogs.a1nutrition.com/articles/category/creatine/

I found that after about 30 seconds.

Do you write the A1 Nutrition Blog? If so, cool. If not, then you outright stole someone’s words (the emboldened text); in addition (the underlined portion) you just cribbed/paraphrased the rest.

Anyhow, is the A1 Blog yours?

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:

Anyhow, is the A1 Blog yours?
[/quote]

No I didn’t and it looks like they read the wikipedia page just like I did… I just phrased it differently … I’m not claiming any of the studies or work done is my own… like I said I did a little research online.

the person on that blog took the line word for word from wikipedia… that in my mind “isn’t cool” for the underlined part anyway… the second part we just happened to phrase it the similar… I had collected tid bits from all over. I hadn’t read that blog. believe me or not, doesn’t matter to me.

[quote]Bendo13 wrote:
believe me or not, doesn’t matter to me.
[/quote]

Putting aside the ethical issues, if you don’t care about plagiarism, good luck finding an editor willing to publish your material. Stealing someone’s words is the surest way to ensure you’ll never have a career as a writer.

Bendo13 wrote:
believe me or not, doesn’t matter to me.

Putting aside the ethical issues, if you don’t care about plagiarism, good luck finding an editor willing to publish your material. Stealing someone’s words is the surest way to ensure you’ll never have a career as a writer.[/quote]

I think you should be talking to the guy who wrote the other blog… I didn’t just copy and paste a sentence in like he did I read a few different places and put it in my own words… I mean damn there’s only so many words out there… I can’t make a new one to say what creatine is

“Creatine is a nitrogenous organic acid that naturally occurs in vertebrates and helps to supply energy to muscle cells.”

Straight from wikipedia… he plagarized… I didn’t.

And I NEVER read the blog you’re talking about so it’s a coincidence that we phrased the one line kind of similar.

The thing that doesn’t matter to me is if you trust me or not. I’d hope you’d go on his blog and tell him now that he plagarized a wiki article haha…

paraphrasing is still plagarism

[quote]Serd wrote:
paraphrasing is still plagarism[/quote]

It’s a freaking blog on the internet… It’s not a novel in a book store. I’m sure you don’t go to people’s pages when they put their favorite lines from movies and music on their page and say they plagarized.

At least I’m not copy and pasting stuff… and I never say… hey look guys, I came up with this all on my own.

[quote]Bendo13 wrote:
Serd wrote:
paraphrasing is still plagarism

It’s a freaking blog on the internet… It’s not a novel in a book store. I’m sure you don’t go to people’s pages when they put their favorite lines from movies and music on their page and say they plagarized.

At least I’m not copy and pasting stuff… and I never say… hey look guys, I came up with this all on my own.

[/quote]

why don’t you use your time wisely and learn so you can dictate information in your own words.

And for the love of God change your avatar picture.

[quote]Serd wrote:

why don’t you use your time wisely and learn so you can dictate information in your own words.

And for the love of God change your avatar picture.[/quote]

I’d say for the most part it is in my own words save it a few lines… but if we want to get literal. I haven’t created any new words lately… sorry haha.

but I’ll change my pic, that’s a bit old.

[quote]Bendo13 wrote:
I’d say for the most part it is in my own words save it a few lines…
[/quote]

I’ve known some people who have failed college courses for less.

Not to mention- if you spent half as much time either citing or rewording your plagiarized pieces as you have defending them (or, actually, saying you just don’t really care), you’d come off as a little less of a shit.

That being said, if you need a little help you can feel free to consult my article, found here:

www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=461188

Don’t worry about the name at the top; that’s just a bloody typo. Happens all the time.

[quote]conner wrote:
Not to mention- if you spent half as much time either citing or rewording your plagiarized pieces as you have defending them (or, actually, saying you just don’t really care), you’d come off as a little less of a shit.[/quote]

His basic defense was: “I plagiarized off Wikipedia, just like this other guy. So I didn’t do anything wrong.”

The fact that the OP has a blog indicates he wants to be a writer of some sort. Yet he doesn’t take plagiarism seriously. There’s really nothing to discuss with such a person.

??? why hey what . . . . . and plagiarism? Try harder man.You want kudos?

The fact that the OP has a blog indicates he wants to be a writer of some sort. Yet he doesn’t take plagiarism seriously. There’s really nothing to discuss with such a person.[/quote]

Given the fact that he was writing a comparison between creatine and glutamine (in 2007, mind you), I’m sure we can somehow manage to find a way to sleep at night knowing that, even if his career as a “writer” tanks, we won’t exactly be suffering the loss of an intellectual pioneer.

There are a few words I could use to describe that article, but “innovative” wouldn’t quite make the cut. It has that bland, 10th grade Health class feel to it, and is definitely suited more for a bb.com crowd than here, in my opinion.

Ephedra (hey that’s illegal!)

Haha lolz no it’s not kthxbye.

Hey…

[quote]conner wrote:
That being said, if you need a little help you can feel free to consult my article, found here:

Don’t worry about the name at the top; that’s just a bloody typo. Happens all the time.[/quote]

[quote]buffalokilla wrote:
Ephedra (hey that’s illegal!)

Haha lolz no it’s not kthxbye.

[/quote]

“on April 12, 2004, the FDA issued a final rule banning the sale of ephedra-containing dietary supplements”

[quote]David Barr wrote:
Hey…

conner wrote:

Don’t worry about the name at the top; that’s just a bloody typo. Happens all the time.

[/quote]

Oh, no, it’s my imposter! :wink: