Creatine vs. Beta Alanine

[quote]Shakes wrote:
Superpump is more of a stimulant than a creatine product. Personally all that it did for me was upset my stomach. If you want a high quality creatine you will have to look beyond no-explode, superpump, no-shotgun, etc. - these products are geared more toward energy and generally provide insufficient creatine dosing or transport systems.

Creapure creatine monohydrate is the best place to start and then if your body does not respond from there you can look at other options. You can purchase a (3) month supply for less than $15 so it is not too hard on the wallet either. A lot of the other products out there do not have the clinical research to back them up and are simply working off of the success of the ‘original’ creatine.

Being that creatine and beta-alanine both work in very different ways it is a great idea to stack them. Creatine is a cell volumizer and beta-alanine is a lactic acid buffer. When combined they can give you a good boost in terms of muscular strength and endurance.

There are a few products out there that combine a high quality creatine with beta alanine and simple carbohydrates. Right now I am using one that has 5 grams creapure creatine, 3.5 grams beta alanine, a dextrose transport system, and a couple of other components for recovery. It has worked very well for me and provided great natural gains (I compete in tested federations).

[/quote]

So you would take this how long prior to training? Do you mind telling me the name of the product you’re using? Great info, I want to be as ‘natural’ as possible. I plan on competing in an INBF show next year which is affiliated with the NANBF.

Why not just use Biotest German Creatine and Beta-7?

The Creatine is very inexpensive and doesn’t contain any junk you don’t need and the time-release Beta-7 works better for me than regular Beta alanine.

Timing isn’t a big issue. Simple take Creatine after training and Beta-7 throughout the day as recommended on the label.

[quote]Fit_Gurl9 wrote:
b12sblue2002 wrote:
Fit Gurl,
Try Controlled Labs Purple Wraath, it has all essential amino acids (which includes BCAAs) plus beta alanine. I put it in my water with glutamine and sip during the workout, gives me more endurance for tough workouts. then I take creatine after the workout with carbs.

Lately I have added Surge Workout fuel to the mix (sip during workout) and have had good results strenght wise.

good luck.

So you take creatine afterwards as a recovery? I’ve heard Surge is pretty good, I’ll have to try it. I think I’m going to try superpump for a bit since I have a bunch of samples from my last show.

[/quote]

Surge Recovery, Biotest Creatine, and BETA-7, for the win. These are great quality products that deliver.

D

[quote]Dedicated wrote:

Surge Recovery, Biotest Creatine, and BETA-7, for the win. These are great quality products that deliver.

D
[/quote]

A lot of the Biotest stuff isn’t available in Canada…

[quote]Fit_Gurl9 wrote:
Dedicated wrote:

D

A lot of the Biotest stuff isn’t available in Canada…[/quote]

They do deliver to Canada, shipping isnt that bad if your order a couple things. Tho you might get hit by the customs.

[quote]Nyral wrote:
Fit_Gurl9 wrote:
Dedicated wrote:

D

A lot of the Biotest stuff isn’t available in Canada…

They do deliver to Canada, shipping isnt that bad if your order a couple things. Tho you might get hit by the customs.

[/quote]

Your avatar=WIN!