Creatine Use at 55?

I am considering adding creatine to my supplements. At my age is this a waste of time. I use T Bomb and A Bomb as well as protein supplements. I have had decent results since returning to the iron but at 55 size is going slow to return. I have no weight to lose, but I would rather gainsize rather than weight. How would you suggest I use it and what results should I expect?
Thanks.

Josann,
I’m almost 50 and I use 5-10grams creatine daily.I’m not sure it’s a magic bullet, but at the very least it keeps my muscles full of water making them look fuller. I believe it helps with recovery times and helps fight fatigue during workouts. This ALL may be attributed to a placebo effect, but in any case, if you see results who cares what the main contributing factor is?

As for your age, you’re never too old to workout OR take supplements! I take multi-vitamins, omega-3 fish oils, creatine and whey protein, I’m fighting old age!

I just turned 55 and take creatine daily. I think it helps me generate maximum force in my lifts and sprinting work. There is really no downside to taking it as far as I can tell.

Thanks for your responses. What kind of workouts/programs are you guys following? How much rest and recovery between workouts? What supplements have also helped you?

Thanks.

Since I’m getting older (48), I don’t workout as agressively as I used to.
I still workout every day usually, but I don’t do as much. Each day I workout one or two body parts; EX: chest/triceps, I do pyramids generally. I start light and keep adding weight until I can barely move it and then I begin stripping weght a little at a time and squeezing out as many reps as I can. I’m good for 15 - 20 sets per bodypart, which works for me, but MAYBE not for you. At my age and experience, I’ve learned to “feel” what works for me.

I can generally hit the same body parts with just one day’s rest. I must say though, that I’m not completely “natural”, I am on self administered HRT with some extras for fun.
I was prescribed Androgel which is/was a pain in the ass and only mildly effective.
After lot’s of arguing with my doc, I decided it was time to take matters into my own hands.

I now run approximately 500-600 mg. test weekly divided into eod doses.
I also add other compounds for cycles several times a year. At present I’m runing Deca W/ my test. Deca @ 600-800 mg./wk again divided into EOD doses. I also increase my test dosages to counter the efects of Deca on my sexual appetite while “on” cycle.

Josann, I am 60 and have only been using creatine for about 5 weeks or so. I have noticed growth (a small amoutn of course but still), I also notice my muscles look fuller. I have read so much about this and if you google it enough you’ll see a wealth of info. Some of it is commercial but a lot of it is honest research.

Since creatine is already in our bodies and helps with ATP it is considered harmless.

Josann, I am 60 and have only been using creatine for about 5 weeks or so. I have noticed growth (a small amoutn of course but still), I also notice my muscles look fuller. I have read so much about this and if you google it enough you’ll see a wealth of info. Some of it is commercial but a lot of it is honest research.

Since creatine is already in our bodies and helps with ATP it is considered harmless.

[quote]timhlbrk wrote:
Since I’m getting older (48), I don’t workout as agressively as I used to.
I still workout every day usually, but I don’t do as much. Each day I workout one or two body parts; EX: chest/triceps, I do pyramids generally. I start light and keep adding weight until I can barely move it and then I begin stripping weght a little at a time and squeezing out as many reps as I can. I’m good for 15 - 20 sets per bodypart, which works for me, but MAYBE not for you. At my age and experience, I’ve learned to “feel” what works for me.

I can generally hit the same body parts with just one day’s rest. I must say though, that I’m not completely “natural”, I am on self administered HRT with some extras for fun.
I was prescribed Androgel which is/was a pain in the ass and only mildly effective.
After lot’s of arguing with my doc, I decided it was time to take matters into my own hands.

I now run approximately 500-600 mg. test weekly divided into eod doses.
I also add other compounds for cycles several times a year. At present I’m runing Deca W/ my test. Deca @ 600-800 mg./wk again divided into EOD doses. I also increase my test dosages to counter the efects of Deca on my sexual appetite while “on” cycle.[/quote]

Now I see why you attacked me on the other thread.

Yeah, I’d love to do a cycle with a prohormone, but with BPH already I am concerned about an enlarges prostate bieng even more of an issue. Creatine and a good t booster seem like a viable solution. I’ve bee doing a 3 day program-chest,shoulders,tris monday, back and biceps wednesday and legs friday. I use an airdyne sunday, a ski machine tuesday, and walk on thursday to ready my legs for friday. I feel that legs are the key for me as far as energy and t boosting are concerned.

Wish I had the nerve to do a cycle or get my MD to do HRT but I worry about the effects on the prostate.

I’m younger than you (44) but have used creatine consistently for the last couple of years. I ran out about 4 weeks ago and, as a test, decided to continue to train as usual to see if there would be any impacts. I have noticed no significant change in strength gains, recovery or appearance. I am going to add creatine back in and see what happens.

Also, off topic, I find your choice of avatar curious for someone striving to improve as they get older. The vibe is negative rather than optimistic.

Everyone processes different supps and vitamins differently. Best advice is just try it for 30 days and see what happens. Don’t think you can hurt anything, however it really depends on your physicology. Having said that I just competed at 54 years young at around 4% bf 198lbs. I walk around at around 220lbs at 10-12%. I only use it offseason which I just started back and am using BSN’s Cellmass. So don’t let age effect your thinking towards your physic. Age is only a number, it’s never too late!

[quote]Josann wrote:
I am considering adding creatine to my supplements. At my age is this a waste of time. I use T Bomb and A Bomb as well as protein supplements. I have had decent results since returning to the iron but at 55 size is going slow to return. I have no weight to lose, but I would rather gainsize rather than weight. How would you suggest I use it and what results should I expect?
Thanks.[/quote]

God please tell me that is photoshop of Arnold and not how he really looks! I saw Lou Freegno on RX Muscle and he was shredded at 57

I’m considering starting on creatine. I see it as a powder and as a capsule form, is there any advantage of one over the other? I’m taking Tribulus Pro, whey protein and a number of vitamins including fish oil and one for joints.

Thanks, BG

Giterdone:
Sorry but it inspires me to keep at it. If this is Arnold, then clearly for whatever the reason, he is not working out any longer. It reminds me to stay focused on the present and not to focus on the past.

[quote]Josann wrote:
Giterdone:
Sorry but it inspires me to keep at it. If this is Arnold, then clearly for whatever the reason, he is not working out any longer. It reminds me to stay focused on the present and not to focus on the past. [/quote]

USE IT OR…

I look at that picture and think that if that could happen to him, then just imagine how bad I’d look if I stop working out.

Despite that, he was and still is an inspirational guy, I am sure he will resume working out to some degree. I hope he’ll “be baack”!