Creatine Timing?

I recently purchased a bottle of Creatine capsules (120 caps). Wanted to know how much and at which time should i take after my workout. I’m 5,8 with 156 pounds & working out fot the past 7 months.

You don’t say what dosage the caps are, so who knows?
Generally powder is the cheapest form, take ~5g (=5000mg!) with your post workout meal.
If you have plenty take 5g each day with your biggest carb intake for the day.

Points to think about:
you might not notice the effect of creatine, as your still a noob (no offence)

It may help others if you fill in your profile data!

I’d go with 5g immediately PWO with some sort of sugar (I throw mine in Surge)

I have mine (5g) with beta-alanine, leucine and fruit juice pre-work out.

Have a search for Poliquin’s creatine loading, i’m sure he mentions timing in that as well, after the loading phase.

Yep 5g p/w is definatly the way too go, consumed with some sort of simple carbs.

5-6 grams post workout is what i’ve always done. Thrown it in with some waxy maize along with some BCAA’s. What kind of creatine is it?

It’s Creatine Monohydrate. anyways thanks guys!

I’ve been taking a creatine for about a three weeks, it started giving me diarhhea so i tried taking a smaller dose. ( 3 and 3 to 2 and 2, thats in the morning then postworkout). For some reason if im working out at night i dont get any bad side effects from it, but if i workout in the morning which is three times a week, then i get diar

hhea an hour after i take it, which would normally be right after my workout. i started taking Purple - K creatine, so switch it up, its a kre-alkylyn so i thought my body would take it better. with this supp its supposed to be take 30 mins before, and within an hour after training. I tried it out today, and had a super bad time in the bathroom an hour later again… Anyone have suggestions, or am i just not cut out for creatine? and should just stop using it?

[quote]alexmd wrote:
I’ve been taking a creatine for about a three weeks, it started giving me diarhhea so i tried taking a smaller dose. ( 3 and 3 to 2 and 2, thats in the morning then postworkout). For some reason if im working out at night i dont get any bad side effects from it, but if i workout in the morning which is three times a week, then i get diar

hhea an hour after i take it, which would normally be right after my workout. i started taking Purple - K creatine, so switch it up, its a kre-alkylyn so i thought my body would take it better. with this supp its supposed to be take 30 mins before, and within an hour after training. I tried it out today, and had a super bad time in the bathroom an hour later again… Anyone have suggestions, or am i just not cut out for creatine? and should just stop using it?[/quote]

Just take 1 gram of Creatine monohydrate with each of 5 meals to prevent GI issues.

The gi distress is likely due to attempting to mix too much creatine into too little fluid, resulting in the undissolved creatine pulling water into your gi tract. Like dude said, use less at a time, and make sure you use enough fluid to dissolve it all thoroughly.

purple-k creatine is in pill form, the recommended dose is 1-2 before training, 1-2 after. I was taking it only one before and one after, when i took the one pill on the off day i was fine. DO you think i should maybe just take one pill after? or one before?

You are overanalyzing this, man. Take up to five grams per day (however many pills that is) spread out in whatever fashion needed so you don’t shit yourself. The dosing need not be an exact science.

haha alright ill try it out thanks man!

yeah but hes using kre-alkalyn creatine so its not the same dosing protocol.

[quote]duddy wrote:
yeah but hes using kre-alkalyn creatine so its not the same dosing protocol. [/quote]

Yeah it is. Krealkalyn contains creatine monohydrate with soda ash as a basic substance for a buffer. The active constituent is the same. Look up the patent. Their claim is that the acid normally destroys the creatine in your gut, so because theirs is buffered, you can use less. This has been proven to be bullshit, as creatine has been tested in fluid of various phs hours after dissolving and the majority (over 90%) was not converted into creatinine.

Weather he is using it for some personal preference or not, the usual daily dose for creatine is 5 grams, although even with monohydrate, I believe a maintenance dose of 2-3 grams daily has been shown to suffice after a loading period has already saturated the tissues.