T Nation

Creatine / Thermogenics?

I’m a bit hefty, at 6’0 240 lbs and I’ve been using HOT-ROX, L-carnitine, chromium, Multivitamin, and fish oil among other things. So my goal is to lose fat more than just bulk up.

So the main question here is would HOT-ROX and creatine be counter productive in a stack? would it still be if water intake was well over a gallon a day? There has been plenty of debate whether you can gain muscle and lose fat at the same time and I think it is definitely possible as I have gotten noticeably larger muscles and lost lots of fat.

I used to be 280 last year and I’m much stronger now then last year. I wouldn’t mind the benefits of creatine but I’m hesitant to give up my fat burner as it has really helped me annihilate my fat. I have a good diet and lift 5x a week and sprint 4x.

Creatine and HOT-ROX are fine together

[quote]Panik (akajbodzi wrote:
Creatine and HOT-ROX are fine together[/quote]

This is true. One of the main actions of creatine is muscle cell hydration. So, your muscles may look fuller while dropping fat. Also, it provides increased ATP energy to crank out a rep or two more and has mental benefits as well. Of course with the cell hydration don’t depend on the scale to determine your fat loss which you really shouldn’t do anyway. Gauge by the mirror and your clothes.

D

[quote]Dedicated wrote:
Panik (akajbodzi wrote:

This is true. One of the main actions of creatine is muscle cell hydration. So, your muscles may look fuller while dropping fat. Also, it provides increased ATP energy to crank out a rep or two more and has mental benefits as well. Of course with the cell hydration don’t depend on the scale to determine your fat loss which you really shouldn’t do anyway. Gauge by the mirror and your clothes.

D [/quote]

Thanks Dedicated, I just could not bring myself to do the why, I tried but it was like jamming a screw driver in my ear.

People should have a little basic understanding about supplements they take or are interrested in before going out and buying them.

yeah I know the other supplements and what they do in and out, thats why I was confused on the water retention of creatine and the diuretic effect of HOT-ROX. I guess as long as I drink water I’ll be fine. Thanks

[quote]Dedicated wrote:
Panik (akajbodzi wrote:

D [/quote]

Great Post

Phill

[quote]GreenTerror79 wrote:
yeah I know the other supplements and what they do in and out, thats why I was confused on the water retention of creatine and the diuretic effect of HOT-ROX. I guess as long as I drink water I’ll be fine. Thanks[/quote]

Yup stay hydrated you should be slamming the water anyway no prob,
Phill