T Nation

Creatine + Spike

In David Barr’s “The Creatine Controversy” he notes that high levels of caffeine may inhibit the effects of creatine.

“Concurrent consumption of a couple cups of coffee or cans of Coke can’t create or cause creatine complications.”

Would a pre-workout Spike Shooter negate the effects of a post-workout maintenance dose of creatine?

:slight_smile:

For what its worth i mix my creatine every morn in my coffee :slight_smile: works for me

Phill

Right, in the article it was stated that the amount of caffeine in one cup of coffee shouldn’t affect it, but I’m asking about Spike (which is roughly 3x the amount of caffeine in an average cup of coffee?)

Just drink water. Caffeine is a diuretic, which obviously counteracts how creatine works.

[quote]EatSleepLift wrote:
Just drink water. Caffeine is a diuretic, which obviously counteracts how creatine works. [/quote]

Yes for sure on this
]
as an aside one of my cups of coffee is more like 24 oz lol not an 8oz cup so…

great advice though to extra hydrate if drinking large amounts of caff.

Phill

with me it’s just going to have to be a limitation to the effects of it working, because to my understanding it just makes creatine not as effective as it would be, but i like many people need some intake of caffine