Creatine Questions

Sorry, i’m sure that this question might have been asked before but i searched and i couldn’t find it.

I was wondering if anybody knew if taking creatine ruined your body’s ability to make its own creatine, someone told me that and i want to find conformation, i’m also wondering about the water weight issue. Is the immediate gain in waterweight true? and if so is there anything to do about it and will it go away after a while?

thanks,

creatine monohydrate tends to cause an increase in water weight, other types of creatine do not.

but no, taking creatine will not cause your body to stop making it’s own creatine. It’s not a steroid. Does eating protein cause your body to stop making it’s own protein? no.

You gain water weight with creatine. Yes that is true. It goes away once you stop taking creatine.

“I was wondering if anybody knew if taking creatine ruined your body’s ability to make its own creatine, someone told me that”

Ugh…no wonder there are so many rumors and myths about creatine.

one more question, if i stop taking creatine, will i lose strength and or muscle?

thanks,