T Nation

Creatine Question

I’ve been a proponet of Cell Mass and CEE for a while now but i’m gonna get back to my roots and start supplementing Monohydrate again. I was wondering since I have been taking CEE for a while will i have to initially load when i take Mono, or should i just take the maintanece dosage. (Exuse the numerous spelling errors)

[quote]GetTheHIT wrote:
I’ve been a proponet of Cell Mass and CEE for a while now but i’m gonna get back to my roots and start supplementing Monohydrate again. I was wondering since I have been taking CEE for a while will i have to initially load when i take Mono, or should i just take the maintanece dosage. (Exuse the numerous spelling errors) [/quote]

I could be completely wrong, but im pretty sure your going to have to load the creatine monohydrate…its a totally different animal and type of supplement…i could be wrong though, but id probably load up just to be sure…if anyone else knows for sure, than throw your 2 cents in, cuz its a good question…

[quote]IronWarrior34 wrote:
GetTheHIT wrote:
I’ve been a proponet of Cell Mass and CEE for a while now but i’m gonna get back to my roots and start supplementing Monohydrate again. I was wondering since I have been taking CEE for a while will i have to initially load when i take Mono, or should i just take the maintanece dosage. (Exuse the numerous spelling errors)

I could be completely wrong, but im pretty sure your going to have to load the creatine monohydrate…its a totally different animal and type of supplement…i could be wrong though, but id probably load up just to be sure…if anyone else knows for sure, than throw your 2 cents in, cuz its a good question…[/quote]

Nope CEE is just Creatine with an eythl ester attached to make it supposedly faster absorbed. Load if you want stuff is dirt cheap and effective but no need IMO

Phill

If you’ve been taking CEE for a time, your muscle cells should already be saturated with creatine, negating the need for a load. So no, you should not need to load with monohydrate.

isn’t loading obsolete now anyway? isn’t it understood that 5g a day, continued over a prolonged period of time has the exact same effect as that which is ‘loaded’ then reduced to maitenance levels?

[quote]suuuperdave wrote:
isn’t loading obsolete now anyway? isn’t it understood that 5g a day, continued over a prolonged period of time has the exact same effect as that which is ‘loaded’ then reduced to maitenance levels?[/quote]

Yes.

[quote]B rocK wrote:
suuuperdave wrote:
isn’t loading obsolete now anyway? isn’t it understood that 5g a day, continued over a prolonged period of time has the exact same effect as that which is ‘loaded’ then reduced to maitenance levels?

Yes. [/quote]

As for CEE, what dose should I use? Is it still 5 grams/day, or is it less because it is more easily absorbed?

[quote]gogotheviking wrote:
B rocK wrote:
suuuperdave wrote:
isn’t loading obsolete now anyway? isn’t it understood that 5g a day, continued over a prolonged period of time has the exact same effect as that which is ‘loaded’ then reduced to maitenance levels?

Yes.

As for CEE, what dose should I use? Is it still 5 grams/day, or is it less because it is more easily absorbed?[/quote]

5 grams just its a more expensive 5 grams still need the same amount

Phill

[quote]GetTheHIT wrote:
I’ve been a proponet of Cell Mass and CEE for a while now but i’m gonna get back to my roots and start supplementing Monohydrate again. I was wondering since I have been taking CEE for a while will i have to initially load when i take Mono, or should i just take the maintanece dosage. (Exuse the numerous spelling errors) [/quote]

couple of pieces of advice…

  1. No need to load on creatine (although technically, 5g is a loading dose), what is widely practised is a slow load of 3-5g a day. No need to cycle, no need to come off. Band 5g (a teaspoon) in your post workout drink. If your a big lad (like defensive lineman big), take 5 g before training too. Your post workout drink should be ideally carbs and protein. Surge is obviously a good choice, their are others.

  2. Install and run firefox, then make use of the dictionary setting that highlights your text as you write, thus eliminating crappy spelling.

My good deed for the day is done.