Creatine Question

[quote]JLone wrote:

[quote]lumbahjack wrote:
any of you get a load of this?
http://www.alkavadlo.com/2011/01/why-i-dont-use-exercise-supplements/[/quote]

I had a smile on my face the whole time I read that.

First off this guy is trying to sell you something then warns you to be wary of companies just trying to sell stuff.

Then he writes that supplements only work due to placebo effect but then goes into detail about how he tried them and they didn’t work. The placebo effect works both ways.

I am not even going to go into how he used the super-scientific method of anecdotal evidence of his large study group of one.

I do not advocate taking very many supplements but why bash on caffeine, protein powder and creatine? I can think of way dumber supplements to rant about. [/quote]

I know what you mean man, i was shaking my head through alot of it…i mean for example, what do you do if you can’t get to a 6oz steak atm??

Just as a by the way, thats the guy who wrote todays article…

Interesting find lumbahjack. Why do people always choose the extremes. Everyone knows the guys that have/try every supplement, and there are some guys like Al that basically dont think you should take any. Moderation and use what works, toss what doesnt.

I respect his relative strength, but my goal is to be much bigger than him lol. He said in a comment:
“I’m not trying to be a bodybuilder though”; explains it all I think.

[quote]bwilliamsr89 wrote:

lol obviously I’m not the guy in my avi, so not really THAT ironic. T-Nation never ceases to entertain.[/quote]

Oh you arent ARNOLD SHWARZENEGGAR? Thanks for clearing that up.

The irony is that you say prefer to do things with as little help as possible or whatever you said, yet you represent your online imagine with a person whose philosophy couldnt be much further apart from yours.

That’s all. Just ironic, not a dig at your minimalist approach.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]bwilliamsr89 wrote:

lol obviously I’m not the guy in my avi, so not really THAT ironic. T-Nation never ceases to entertain.[/quote]

Oh you arent ARNOLD SHWARZENEGGAR? Thanks for clearing that up.

The irony is that you say prefer to do things with as little help as possible or whatever you said, yet you represent your online imagine with a person whose philosophy couldnt be much further apart from yours.

That’s all. Just ironic, not a dig at your minimalist approach. [/quote]

O ok. I get it. He’s just one of my favorite bodybuilders. Read “Education of a bodybuilder” and got the Encyclopedia he put out. But ya, a little ironic considering I’ll probably never even consider steroids. Just admire the work ethic, physique, success, etc.

[quote]IronClaws wrote:
I’ve noticed with certainty that it improves performance

it improves performance a lot. I find that supplementing with certain creatine products that I can power through the last few seconds of sprinting A LOT more forcefully, that my bursts of energy last a tiny bit longer, have a few seconds more “kick”

there’s a fair difference on anaerobic training with creatine. [/quote]

Almost like a second wind. I feel the same thing.