Creatine Pre and Post WO After Loading?

After my loading phase some people as well as the bottle of Creatine suggests 5mg or 1 tsp.

I do however read that some put Creatine in their pre and postwork out diet. Does this mean 5mg before and 5mg after? Is that safe as well?

OR…does that mean 2.5 mg before and 2.5 mg after?

They generally say on the bottle “mix 5grams with your post workout shake”. I have never heard any benefits of taking it pre-workout and people have written articles on the stuff here if u search for it.

Creatine works by drawing water into your muscles. So by taking it before your workout, I don’t see how it can have any effect. Especially if you have reached your saturation point after the loading period.

[quote]Irishmann wrote:
After my loading phase some people as well as the bottle of Creatine suggests 5mg or 1 tsp.

I do however read that some put Creatine in their pre and postwork out diet. Does this mean 5mg before and 5mg after? Is that safe as well?

OR…does that mean 2.5 mg before and 2.5 mg after?[/quote]

It’s grams, not milligrams. 2.5 milligrams before and after would be, like, next to nothing.

I’d guess that 90+% of people on the boards here just toss 5 grams into whatever they drink PWO and they’re done with it. No need to overthink it. But anyway, yeah it’s safe to do before and after.

[quote]tw0scoop2 wrote:
Creatine works by drawing water into your muscles. So by taking it before your workout, I don’t see how it can have any effect. Especially if you have reached your saturation point after the loading period.[/quote]

That’s not how it works, that’s an effect. It works by helping to replenish ATP, I believe. And I believe most people consider the loading phase to be bogus.

http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=1085045

Thanks for the info. I always over think everything. Just want to get the most out of everything I do in life.