T Nation

Creatine Plus Carbs PWO?

Is there any need to ingest simple carbs with your creatine after a workout? I plan to up my training frequency and may be training five or six times a week as I am also limiting my carb intake in an attempt to shift some fat. I was hoping to avoid taking in simple carbs after a workout. Or is it more benificial for the insulin spike than harmful in someone who is seeking to lose fat at this stage?

Even when attempting to cut fat the one time you want a spike in insulin with protein/aminos is post workout provided you hit the weights hard enough to warrant it. Surge and Creatine for me will always be a post-workout ritual.

D

Id get carbs post w/o creatine or not its just wise your body is yelling for them and the muscle sparring effect of a serving of carbs PWO far out weight the lil bit of fat loss it may inhibit

Phill

i have 1/4 teaspoon of salt with 5g CM in warm water before my shower & my BCAAs, carbs, whey etc. after my shower.

[quote]sjfou wrote:
i have 1/4 teaspoon of salt with 5g CM in warm water before my shower & my BCAAs, carbs, whey etc. after my shower.[/quote]

Why?