Creatine: Pills vs. Powder

Ok, so I went to GNC looking for creatine and I told the guy what I had tried before. He recommended creatine mono. But on the shelf was the powder (which was what I was going to buy) and the pills. He then said that the pills have all of the same effects without bloating and that there have been “clinical studies on the pills” to prove it. Says the same thing right on the bottle, btw. So he convinced me to buy a bottle of the creatine pills.

What I wish to know is whether or not they are just as effective as creatine mono in powder form. The pills claim (at a serving of 1.25 grams) to hold the power of 5g of the powder. Did I goof by buying these pills?

[quote]drummerofgod89 wrote:
Did I goof by buying these pills?[/quote]

Yes.

Creatine monohydrate is the same regardless of whether it’s in powder or tablet form. You need to take the same amount.

why didn’t you just get the powder from this site?

12.99 for 100 servings :doh:

this guy at work showed me his bottle of ($60) creatine pills, I couldn’t help but laugh at him.

Glad I’m not that naive anymore

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:

this guy at work showed me his bottle of ($60) creatine pills, I couldn’t help but laugh at him.

Glad I’m not that naive anymore[/quote]

Straight up good info.

D

[quote]Dedicated wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:

Glad I’m not that naive anymore

Straight up good info.

D[/quote]

Ok, so I got 2 bottles, not 1. Should I just finish up one bottle at 8 pills a day (to equivalent the 5 grams) and then buy creatine mono powder? IF this “Amplified Creatine” pill is telling the truth and 2 pills do give the same effect as the powder, would a dose equivalent to 20 grams be dangerous? I wouldn’t imagine since loading parameters can reach up to 30 grams a day.

Taking 20 grams at a time would be a waste. Spread it throught out the day.
5 grams morning
5 grams night
5 grams pre workout
5 grams post workout

I got this from Thib’s article.

Is the creatine, creatine monohydrate? There are other forms of creatine that require less grams throughout the day. I find them sub par to mono personally but the dosage that they say to take them is correct. Look at the bottle and tell me what kind of creatine is in them.

By the way GNC is crap. Flat out sucks. No offence to anybody but most people who work there are clueless on supplements and are just in it for the dollar. They are also the most expensive place anywhere to buy supps…sorry bout the GNC rant but…hey…lol

Gerdy