Creatine Phosphate Dosage Timing?

I recently purchased some creatine phosphate from my local nutrition store and i was told it was best to take 1 scoop (10 grams) before the workout… Well since 10 grams is a lot and since im just starting out on creatine should i take 5 before and 5 post workout w/ my shake? which would be more beneficial?

Is there anything in it beside the CP?

What do you weigh?

-Dan

os sorry i forgot to mention my stats, male 120 68 inches… here is what its got

CGP | Supplement Facts
Serving Size 1 Scoop (2 tsp)
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Creatine-Glycerol-Phosphate 10 g *
Potassium 720 mg 20%
Alpha-Lipoic Acid 100 mg *
Magnesium 75 mg *
Calcium 50 mg 5%
Sodium 30 mg 1%
*Daily values are not established.

Creatine is tricky, the best results I have experienced is by LOADING it, by that I mean you take 5grams 3X/day for 10 days, 5/grams/2Xday for 10 days, then 1X/day for the next 30 days.
The only problem is stomach aches, since your suckin up a bunch of sand, it takes a toll on my stomach as well as others, anal leakage is not good, if so slow down ingestion.

Are you really 5’8" and 120 lbs? I hope that is a typo, or you look and eat like a crackhead and creatine is NO substitute for a good diet and strong, solid foundation.

Creatine is also best absorbed when taken with a Sugar, squirt of honey or whatever.

Water retention is a weird side effect cause your watch fits differently and your shoes to be tight, some people like to take with dieretics.

I fish LA twice a year for 100-200 lb tunas, you guys have great food as well as 2 super freaks- garry Frank and Jesse Kellum who run various clinics throughout the year, try to find them for consulting on various issues will help you immensely.

[quote]Serd wrote:
os sorry i forgot to mention my stats, male 120 68 inches… here is what its got

CGP | Supplement Facts
Serving Size 1 Scoop (2 tsp)
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Creatine-Glycerol-Phosphate 10 g *
Potassium 720 mg 20%
Alpha-Lipoic Acid 100 mg *
Magnesium 75 mg *
Calcium 50 mg 5%
Sodium 30 mg 1%
*Daily values are not established.
[/quote]

First: Eat a lot more of decent food.

Second: Loading doesn’t matter long term. If you’re looking for a quick fix, load and take 10g each day with a high GI carb. If you’re in it for the long haul, 3-5g/day with a little bit of carbohydrate will have the same saturation effect after about a month. Taking it immediately after a workout is best, right before works well too, or really any time you can remember to take it will do.

Just make sure it’s completely dissolved in the liquid so you don’t waste a bunch and it absorbs the best.

-Dan