Creatine: Peri or Post-Workout?

I’ve read in some places that creatine should be taken before a workout due to the increase of blood flow circulating during exercise, which I assume leads to faster transport of the creatine to the muscles…

I’ve also read, that taking it before a workout and then working out reduces the amount of creatine your body absorbs, due to blood flow being too busy giving the muscles oxygen instead of transporting the creatine to the muscles.
So it suggests that creatine should be taken after the workout once you’ve cooled down.

I’ve read the most recent article on creatine. It was very convenient since I’m actually about to try my first batch of the stuff.

I’m sure Biotest won’t disappoint.

Thanks for any help!

what i have been doing for quite a while is making a Surge/creatine/Superfood shake. 20 oz water, 2 scoops Surge, 5 g creatine, 2 scoops of superfood. i drink half before and the other half after lifting. i read the recent article as well and have been debating just doing the creatine in my pwo whey shake. i cant imagine it really making that much of a difference, but i guess it wouldnt hurt to try it for a few weeks and see if i notice anything different

How about taking creatine during a rest day. Would it be more beneficial to take it right after you wake up or right before bed?

i usually take it in the morning,before a workout and then right after…the results were great but then once i got off it my strength an energy decreased drastically

[quote]skimmy_jimmy wrote:
what i have been doing for quite a while is making a Surge/creatine/Superfood shake. 20 oz water, 2 scoops Surge, 5 g creatine, 2 scoops of superfood. i drink half before and the other half after lifting. i read the recent article as well and have been debating just doing the creatine in my pwo whey shake. i cant imagine it really making that much of a difference, but i guess it wouldnt hurt to try it for a few weeks and see if i notice anything different[/quote]

I’m taking 5 grams a day everyday PWO. I take L-Arginine and Surge Workout Fuel before the workout. Afterwards, I take 2 scoops of Grow! Whey with milk, another L-Arginine tablet, and the 5 grams of creatine. So I always feel amazing going in and coming out of my workouts.
I can’t wait to see what my results will be on this regime! Thanks for the reply.