Creatine? Now? Ever? When?

Hey guys, short question. Should everyone who’s bodybuilding take creatine or is it one of those things that ought to be saved for when you’ve hit a plateau? I’m in month 2 of life as a weighlifter and I’m steadily gaining without it, but I have nothing against gaining faster. . .

Yes, take it.

Hit search for more info. Use google if the site search isn’t workable for you.

Why bother? You are a beginner who simply needs to do the basics, which are lift multiple joint movements, eat right and use a quality protein supplement like Grow!

Save your money!

I honestly can say I never noticed a difference. I took it for 2 months, didn’t notice anything, so I stopped. A buddy then recommended a different brand, tried that and didn’t notice anything, so I quit. Save your money.

Creatine works and don’t let anybody tell you differently.

Drink plenty of water. Creatine works by enhancing muscle cell hydration. It is very important to consume adequate fluids while taking creatine to see best results. A good rule of thumb is to drink an EXTRA 16 to 20 ounces of liquid for every 5 grams of creatine you take.

During your Loading Phase you should be drinking an EXTRA 64 to 80 ounces of liquid than you normally drink. During the maintenance phase you should drink an EXTRA 32 to 40 ounces.

This is very important and ensures you get the maximum out of creatine supplementation.

Make sure you DON’T buy liquid creatine, creatine candy, creatine gum, and even stomach-bloating effervescent creatine (Give this a try, I guarantee you’ll only do it once!).

All you need is pure micronized creatine that is a lot cheaper than the other garbge hype products. Don’t get the stuff with sugar in it is usually 4 parts sugar and 1 part creatine. You are paying a boatload for them puting the sugar in it.

[quote]truthandlife wrote:
Creatine works and don’t let anybody tell you differently.

Drink plenty of water. Creatine works by enhancing muscle cell hydration. It is very important to consume adequate fluids while taking creatine to see best results. A good rule of thumb is to drink an EXTRA 16 to 20 ounces of liquid for every 5 grams of creatine you take.

During your Loading Phase you should be drinking an EXTRA 64 to 80 ounces of liquid than you normally drink. During the maintenance phase you should drink an EXTRA 32 to 40 ounces.

This is very important and ensures you get the maximum out of creatine supplementation.

Make sure you DON’T buy liquid creatine, creatine candy, creatine gum, and even stomach-bloating effervescent creatine (Give this a try, I guarantee you’ll only do it once!).

All you need is pure micronized creatine that is a lot cheaper than the other garbge hype products. Don’t get the stuff with sugar in it is usually 4 parts sugar and 1 part creatine. You are paying a boatload for them puting the sugar in it.

[/quote]

Yeah, do all that! For an extra lb on your lifts!

[quote]GriffinC wrote:

Yeah, do all that! For an extra lb on your lifts![/quote]

You might have been not using the product right or bought an inferior product.

I have had unbelieveable results on creatine and I know many others that have had the same kinds of results.

Just eat more fish and red meat. Where do you think creatine comes from? Why do vegetarians respond much better than people with balanced diets?

[quote]truthandlife wrote:
GriffinC wrote:

I have had unbelieveable results on creatine and I know many others that have had the same kinds of results. [/quote]
I tried two different brands, always followed the directions. Never felt a difference, maybe it’s me.

My doctor told me that studies show a SLIGHT increase in small boosts of energy, that’s it.

Everything said above is true to some extent. But, there is also a % of the population who are non-responders to creatine. If you feel it didn’t work for you then move on. Make sure you’ve used quality products at the correct times before you give up, but realize that not all supps work the same in different people

[quote]GriffinC wrote:
truthandlife wrote:
GriffinC wrote:

I have had unbelieveable results on creatine and I know many others that have had the same kinds of results.
I tried two different brands, always followed the directions. Never felt a difference, maybe it’s me.

My doctor told me that studies show a SLIGHT increase in small boosts of energy, that’s it.
[/quote]

I question this because it’s NOT about a boost of energy. Maybe I’m not reading it right or you just took it out of context from your Dr. Creatine is a neuro-muscular product not a stimulant. It will allow for an extra rep or two because of ATP release in your muscles as you lift. It’s ability to be a cell volumizer, therby holding more water in and around the muscle and give it a larger more full look. But that extra rep or two adds up when you are pushing heavy weight. It’s all about the weight and how many times you move it. But like I stated above, there are non-responderes who gain no advantage by ingesting creatine

The kid is 19 years old! He “needs” nothing more than a good diet, maybe some Grow! and to lift properly.

I’m not against experimenting with Creatine, or any other nutritional substance that has not been proven to harm your health. However, at the age of 19 he doesn’t need to spend the money, or time on anything like that.

Lift + Eat + Rest and repeat. Why make it complicated and expensive when you don’t have to?

well, how old are you, and what is your program like? Do you include lots of cardio?

[quote]sasquatch wrote:
GriffinC wrote:
truthandlife wrote:
GriffinC wrote:

I question this because it’s NOT about a boost of energy. Maybe I’m not reading it right or you just took it out of context from your Dr. Creatine is a neuro-muscular product not a stimulant. It will allow for an extra rep or two because of ATP release in your muscles as you lift. It’s ability to be a cell volumizer, therby holding more water in and around the muscle and give it a larger more full look. But that extra rep or two adds up when you are pushing heavy weight. It’s all about the weight and how many times you move it. But like I stated above, there are non-responderes who gain no advantage by ingesting creatine
[/quote]

I probably fall into the non-responders group. My muscles never looked any better either.

I dont think the other dude was lieing when he said it didn’t work for him. Some people are non-responders to creatine- I have a friend who is. So is Poliquin.
-Matt

[quote]Garrett W. wrote:
Just eat more fish and red meat. Where do you think creatine comes from? Why do vegetarians respond much better than people with balanced diets?[/quote]

Not sure if this adds positively to the discussion, but I just checked a few sources that state it takes 2.2 - 2.5 pounds of red meat to equal 5g creatine.

don’t drink (binge) if you’re doing creatine, I did that back a few years ago and wound up about as dehydrated as possible (didn’t wanna move at all) a few times until I figured things out.

Also, I had an experience which may or may not be due to the creatine, but I doubt that it helped, anyways:

I was working my ass off outside at work (golf caddy) on a few straight 95+ degreee days and also taking creatine and keeping to my regular lifting schedule, then on the 4th hella hot day, I got dehydrated and had mild heat stroke due to the extreme dehydration and hard work I was doing. Even though I was drinking a SHIT TON of water, i would recommend maybe not using creatine or taking a break if you ever encounter a situation similar to the one I just described