Creatine Monohydrate Powder

hey,

I recently got the Prolab Creatine Monohydrate Powder, i want to ask weather or not i should do the loading phase or not, or should i just take it in the post workout meal?

Thanks for any help

[quote]tntmarkgor wrote:
hey,

I recently got the Prolab Creatine Monohydrate Powder, i want to ask weather or not i should do the loading phase or not, or should i just take it in the post workout meal?

Thanks for any help[/quote]

Use the search function. Hundreds of posts about creatine.

Load or dont load it wont make much of a difference. You will simply pee out a bit more and get saturated a bit faster. Sure load for a week then simply take a tsp every day.

Before the next question weither you should cycle it NO not unless you want just take it till its gone or buy more I would suggest looking here in the store great quality creatine at a very good price the product thread will likely answer many of your questions as well

Hope thaty helps,
Phill

I think the general consensus is to take with your post workout shake.

I’ve read a few places that the body can only absorbe about 3gm/day with the rest flushed out via urine, so loading is a waste.

I take it with my post-workout drink on workout days, with milk, coffee or Starbucks Frappuccino on non-workout days.

[quote]dancar wrote:
I’ve read a few places that the body can only absorbe about 3gm/day with the rest flushed out via urine, so loading is a waste.

I take it with my post-workout drink on workout days, with milk, coffee or Starbucks Frappuccino on non-workout days.
[/quote]

I’ve heard of people taking up to 10 grams a day in order to notice an effect. I take 5, but I always wondered about that.

I thought coffee would interupt the process of creatine?

[quote]Kal-El wrote:
I thought coffee would interupt the process of creatine?[/quote]

I think the general thought is that a coffee will probably not interfere with the absorption of creatine. Knocking back a gram of caffeine might though.

[quote]Kal-El wrote:
I thought coffee would interupt the process of creatine?[/quote]

I can’t remember, but I thought the effect was acute, meaning that the benefits during a workout could be negated by having caffeine present at the same time.

I didn’t think it mean that you wouldn’t absorb creatine or that it wouldn’t do it’s magic as normal outside of the workout.

Anyone with a better memory?