T Nation

Creatine Monohydrate or Ethyl Ester?

Hello everyone, which creatine is better to use (and for absorbtion), creatine monohydrate or creatine ethyl ester?

Any replies would be great, thanks.

Scroll through the archives or use the search function.

There’s plenty of opinions and write ups about this topic.

[quote]BigRagoo wrote:
Scroll through the archives or use the search function.

There’s plenty of opinions and write ups about this topic.[/quote]

Ok, I decided to get the German creatine on here, question is, what can I take it with? Is it alright to take in the morning with my protein shake (whey protein w/BCAA’s in it + skim milk)? and what about with meals? Or should I wait until my stomach is empty and use with juice or water?

[quote]dtehollis wrote:
BigRagoo wrote:
Scroll through the archives or use the search function.

There’s plenty of opinions and write ups about this topic.

Ok, I decided to get the German creatine on here, question is, what can I take it with? Is it alright to take in the morning with my protein shake (whey protein w/BCAA’s in it + skim milk)? and what about with meals? Or should I wait until my stomach is empty and use with juice or water?

[/quote]

Fine to take with your morning shake or on an empty stomach.

And you’ll notice the mono powder is cheaper than the ester.

[quote]BigRagoo wrote:
dtehollis wrote:
BigRagoo wrote:
Scroll through the archives or use the search function.

There’s plenty of opinions and write ups about this topic.

Ok, I decided to get the German creatine on here, question is, what can I take it with? Is it alright to take in the morning with my protein shake (whey protein w/BCAA’s in it + skim milk)? and what about with meals? Or should I wait until my stomach is empty and use with juice or water?

Fine to take with your morning shake or on an empty stomach.

And you’ll notice the mono powder is cheaper than the ester.[/quote]

Alright, thanks a lot.