T Nation

Creatine Monohydrate Advice

Rite now i am taking creatine monohydrate…does anyone know if this stuff is any good and works??also should i take it post or preworkout and what should i take it with?

it’s good, it’s cheap, it works. Also there are some good articles here how and when to use it, just use the search function

Easiest way: 5g in post workout shake on training days. Or 5g in the morning with carbs on non-training days.

[quote]Ignalaz wrote:
Also there are some good articles here how and when to use it, just use the search function[/quote]

/thread

I take one scoop (5g) with my PWO shake everyday.

[quote]Rocky2 wrote:
I take one scoop (5g) with my PWO shake everyday.[/quote]

x2. It’s dirt cheap, well researched, and it works. Dive in.

[quote]tlydi23 wrote:
Rite now i am taking creatine monohydrate…does anyone know if this stuff is any good and works??also should i take it post or preworkout and what should i take it with?[/quote]

Never heard of it.

[quote]Rocky2 wrote:
I take one scoop (5g) with my PWO shake everyday.[/quote]

X2. It’s that simple, mix it with whey protein and you’re good to go.

[quote]tlydi23 wrote:
Rite now i am taking creatine monohydrate…does anyone know if this stuff is any good and works??also should i take it post or preworkout and what should i take it with?[/quote]

I’m amazed that anyone responded. Creatine is the #1 supp of all time and has been popular now for, oh, about 20 years.

THE SEARCH FUNCTION…or GOOGLE…

I’ve gained so my weight on creatine. Probably close to 15lbs of solid in 2 months. Creatine is no joke. Especially how cheap it is. Do you guys work out everyday? I only lift 4 times a week.

[quote]Ocelot82 wrote:
I’ve gained so my weight on creatine. Probably close to 15lbs of solid in 2 months. Creatine is no joke. Especially how cheap it is. Do you guys work out everyday? I only lift 4 times a week. [/quote]

Sorry to burst your bubble dude, but that’s most likely 15lbs of liquid, not solid. Maybe a couple pounds of solid if your a beginner, but I can assure you that at least 13lbs of that is primarily water not solid.

[quote]tlydi23 wrote:

Is that the same thing that all those wrestlers died from?

[quote]DeadRamones wrote:
tlydi23 wrote:
Rite now i am taking creatine monohydrate…does anyone know if this stuff is any good and works??also should i take it post or preworkout and what should i take it with?

[/quote]

Sarcasm?

[quote]AzCats wrote:
Ocelot82 wrote:
I’ve gained so my weight on creatine. Probably close to 15lbs of solid in 2 months. Creatine is no joke. Especially how cheap it is. Do you guys work out everyday? I only lift 4 times a week.

Sorry to burst your bubble dude, but that’s most likely 15lbs of liquid, not solid. Maybe a couple pounds of solid if your a beginner, but I can assure you that at least 13lbs of that is primarily water not solid.[/quote]

No shit lmao. WTF do you expect me to say? Lie, and say no creatine does not work, it just makes you really really bloated and the strength and weight you will gain doesn’t count b/c it’s just water weight and will lose it. There’s no point in supplementing with it TS.

Is that better? I wish I had a before and after pic so you could tell me the mass I’ve put on my legs the last 8 weeks is not solid.

[quote]chimera182 wrote:
DeadRamones wrote:
tlydi23 wrote:

Sarcasm?[/quote]

Yup, the most basic supplement. God forbid the OP use the search or read an article.

[quote]DeadRamones wrote:
chimera182 wrote:
DeadRamones wrote:
tlydi23 wrote:

Sarcasm?

Yup, the most basic supplement. God forbid the OP use the search or read an article.
[/quote]

Wait… you can search for information on the forums?

[quote]chimera182 wrote:
DeadRamones wrote:
chimera182 wrote:
DeadRamones wrote:
tlydi23 wrote:

Sarcasm?

[/quote]

Sarcasm?

[quote]elusive wrote:
chimera182 wrote:
DeadRamones wrote:
chimera182 wrote:
DeadRamones wrote:
tlydi23 wrote:

Sarcasm?

Sarcasm?[/quote]

I may not have been totally serial.