Creatine Mono Loading Stomach Issues

Alright… This isn’t my first time loading creatine monohydrate, but it’s the first time in a long time, so I don’t remember how my body reacts to it. (for my load, I am taking 5 grams 4 times a day for 5 days - additionally, i am already taking an intra-workout creatine product, which has previously caused me no stomach issues)

I’m on day 2 of the load, and already I’ve got bloating and intestinal issues. Not brutal, but not so comfortable either. Now, I can push through just about anything if it will get me stronger.

My question is, if you are of the type that does get intestinal upset from loading creatine monohydrate, do you personally just work through it? Or did you ditch the monohydrate all together? Any other tips?

For now I will continue to push through it and see what happens. Perhaps the stomach issues will subside after the loading phase.

cramps and stomach aches and diarrhea was normal for me during my first loading phase. I never have stomach aches anymore or anything except for bloating and I just shrug it off. - it doesn’t bother me

Don’t load it. I can’t pull them out of my arse at the moment, but there were several great articles on here that displayed that Creatine loading has no benefit.

3-5g of creatine per day works fine. And I’ll bet it wont mess up your stomach as much. Any discomfort you get is surely not worth the possible benefits of consuming that much creatine. You also get small amounts of creatine from meat.

color: thanks for the response. initially, i think i just wanted to hear something like this. (just tough it out, it’s worth it)

Aussie Davo: i did a little research on the necessity of the loading phase… it’s interesting i didn’t really think of not loading it. thanks.

BONEZ217: I will heed your advice!

I’ll count what I’ve done so far as a load, although I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t want to do that again. I had record levels of bloat yesterday. From here on in I’ll stick to 5 grams a day, although I’ll take the additional amount in my intra-workout drink.

no problem -

and by the way, I’m taking 10g/day now instead of 5g. 5g pre wo + 5g post wo