Creatine Loading?

I am curious as to what the significance of a creatine loading phase is. I am unable to find any information to support that there is any need what so ever. I normally consume about 5g post workout to help restore ATP levels. If anyone can help me with this it would be greatly appreciated…

Some of the expert contributors on here could go into a lot more detail, but in all honesty, the loading phase for creatine is unnecessary and more of a marketing scam to get you to buy more product. If you’ve been doing 3-5g after weight training (especially with something like Surge) for a while, you are totally fine.

Kuz

totally fine–yes I agree

Thank you both for your time. That will help a lot when I start working with clients on what to do as far as creatine consumption. Cost effectiveness is always a plus. =)

[quote]Kuz wrote:
Some of the expert contributors on here could go into a lot more detail, but in all honesty, the loading phase for creatine is unnecessary and more of a marketing scam to get you to buy more product. If you’ve been doing 3-5g after weight training (especially with something like Surge) for a while, you are totally fine.

Kuz[/quote]

I agree. But if you want to take a middle-road, brandon, studies found that 3days of 10g of creatine per day yielded similar concentrations of creatine as a traditional 5-day loading phase of 20-25g.

[quote]brandon51287 wrote:
Thank you both for your time. That will help a lot when I start working with clients on what to do as far as creatine consumption. Cost effectiveness is always a plus. =)[/quote]

Very welcome! Hope it works out well for your clients. jsbrook does have a good point if someone is looking to get “loaded up” a little quicker. And while you did not ask, just a side note in that you really don’t need any fancy creatine products - just a solid micronized creatine from a reputable company.

Kuz