Creatine Loading While Dieting??

Quick question I’ve always been unsure of. Will it negatively affect the 4 x 5g/day for 5 days loading process of creatine if it is done while on a caloric deficit of say 1000 cals or so? I can’t really see why it would other than possibly the less amount of insulin circulating in a properly executed diet to bring the creatine to the muscle cells? I’ve always been hesitant to load while on a diet phase… are my worries necessary? Any opinions appreciated.

Don’t think so dude… shouldn’t matter, but I would like to hear some more expert opinions on this.

Loading is unnecessary. Over time you will still get the same load. Just take 10 grams with your post-workout shake. Even when dieting, you should still consume a protein/carb shake post-workout.

Insulin isn’t necessarry to bring creatine into the muscles. Yes it does help get more creatine in faster but it isn’t absolutely necessary to absorb creatine.

Bodz-from my understanding and conversations with Serrano and poliquin you should never take more than 5 grams at a time. And true you do not have to load if you want a slower uptake say 1 month rather than 1 week.

SBL,
This may or may not apply to you but in the past I have had bad luck dieting and using creatine at the same time. Whenever i start using creatine during a low calorie phase the fat loss comes to a dead halt(this is based on BF measurements not just watching the scale) This has also been the case with the majority of my clients. The reason it may not apply to you is that most of my diets are more than 1000 cal/day deficit so it possibly wont effect you the same. Just watch for it, cause I know from experience that it truly sucks restricting yourself and not losing fat.

Wow, a bodybuilder who doesn’t want to take more than recommended, but less? Just kidding.
Yes, there are a lot of theories out there. I agree with you on this point. In Charles Polquins’ book “the Polquin Principles” he states just that, take 5 grams of creatine to replenish the phosphate stores.

That last positive response was for mike. Oh, and it was meant to say 5 grams with your post workout shake.

I don’t know if I agree on loading creatine, I have used it @5 grams a day in tea and within a few days time I feel the difference in the muscles I am working at that time. As for dieting and using creatine, well to me that is something each person needs to find, if it is right for themselves. I retain massive amounts of water using it and therefore my dieting seems useless but once I discontinue it’s use I return to normal and notice the weight loss that I didn’t see while on it. Some people swear by it while dieting. Try it for yourself and see, if it doesn’t work at least you learned something. I hope this makes sense.
Bob