Creatine, Lifting 2-3 Times/Wk?

I’m considering using creatine, as I did for a period in H.S. with good results. (only time I really gained weight; I lifted 5 times a week)

My question though, is would it be worth it if I’m only lifting 2 or 3 times a week currently (for which i will be following peri-workout protocol from CT)?
On other active days I either sprint or do striking/wrestling/MMA.

Thoughts?

I would give it a shot. Take it every day.

Can you gain tolerance to creatine? Like it would be wise to take like a week off it every now and then?

[quote]Diluted56 wrote:
Can you gain tolerance to creatine? Like it would be wise to take like a week off it every now and then?[/quote]

No.

Honestly… I don’t see why he should use it every day. I’m no expert but I actually listen to experts. This being said we get fairly ample creatine in our diet anyway… I personally use it after an intense workout. so 4x a week.

[quote]BruceLeeFan wrote:
Honestly… I don’t see why he should use it every day. I’m no expert but I actually listen to experts. This being said we get fairly ample creatine in our diet anyway… I personally use it after an intense workout. so 4x a week.[/quote]

Given how it’s creatine, I am going out on a limb to say that half of these ‘experts’ are just rehashing blatant lies the media has created over the last 20 years or so creatine has been in the spotlight.

[quote]Mouldsie wrote:
I’m considering using creatine, as I did for a period in H.S. with good results. (only time I really gained weight; I lifted 5 times a week)

My question though, is would it be worth it if I’m only lifting 2 or 3 times a week currently (for which i will be following peri-workout protocol from CT)?

Thoughts?
[/quote]

I imagine that creatine is in his protocol, although I wouldn’t bother with his protocol at all if you’re only going to be lifting twice a week. That sounds like a waste of money.

You can make gains if you commit to a 5x5 Program or 5/3/1 three times a week, but if you plan on winging your workouts I don’t understand why you consider buying a shitload of supps…

Honestly… I don’t see why he should use it every day. I’m no expert but I actually listen to experts. This being said we get fairly ample creatine in our diet anyway… I personally use it after an intense workout. so 4x a week.[/quote]

I’m curious as to which experts are you listening to regarding creatine use and what their recommendations were. Can you share?

that depends on the diet. i doubt vegans get enough. let’s not assume the OP eat’s red meat 7x a day.

you can take creatine every day, it’s super cheap to use and if after a few months you don’t notice anything…stop. some people ARE non-responders. I became one after about 8mo of every day use. So now I go for 6mo and take a few weeks to a month off (usually when cutting or maintaining weight).

[quote]B rocK wrote:
BruceLeeFan wrote:
Honestly… I don’t see why he should use it every day. I’m no expert but I actually listen to experts. This being said we get fairly ample creatine in our diet anyway… I personally use it after an intense workout. so 4x a week.

that depends on the diet. i doubt vegans get enough. let’s not assume the OP eat’s red meat 7x a day.

you can take creatine every day, it’s super cheap to use and if after a few months you don’t notice anything…stop. some people ARE non-responders. I became one after about 8mo of every day use. So now I go for 6mo and take a few weeks to a month off (usually when cutting or maintaining weight).[/quote]

If you have the income, and are willing to spend it, there’s not reason not to. It’s cheap, effective (for most), and safe. I take it everyday because it doesn’t hurt, and seems to help to a degree.

[quote]giterdone wrote:
BruceLeeFan wrote:

I’m curious as to which experts are you listening to regarding creatine use and what their recommendations were. Can you share?[/quote]

I read this a while back. Not so long ago. They suggest 3g a day and no more is necessary. To be honest I don’t see why it’s necessary unless your depleting your creatine storage i.e during a intense weight session.

giterdone wrote:
BruceLeeFan wrote:

I’m curious as to which experts are you listening to regarding creatine use and what their recommendations were. Can you share?

I read this a while back. Not so long ago. They suggest 3g a day and no more is necessary. To be honest I don’t see why it’s necessary unless your depleting your creatine storage i.e during a intense weight session. [/quote]

Are the people disagreeing with your opinion bigger than you?

OP
Take creatine everday. Stop using it a week or so before the weigh in for your fights so you drop some of the water weight.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
BruceLeeFan wrote:
giterdone wrote:
BruceLeeFan wrote:

I read this a while back. Not so long ago. They suggest 3g a day and no more is necessary. To be honest I don’t see why it’s necessary unless your depleting your creatine storage i.e during a intense weight session.

OP
Take creatine everday. Stop using it a week or so before the weigh in for your fights so you drop some of the water weight. [/quote]

That’s like saying someone steroid usage is responsible primarily for their size. Which lets face it makes most guys on here mad, yet it’s ok for this to be so for creatine? I dont doubt what they do works for them. But still, there’s no way they are bigger than me just because they take creatine daily. Come on.

BONEZ217 wrote:
BruceLeeFan wrote:
giterdone wrote:
BruceLeeFan wrote:

OP
Take creatine everday. Stop using it a week or so before the weigh in for your fights so you drop some of the water weight.

That’s like saying someone steroid usage is responsible primarily for their size. Which lets face it makes most guys on here mad, yet it’s ok for this to be so for creatine? I dont doubt what they do works for them. But still, there’s no way they are bigger than me just because they take creatine daily. Come on.[/quote]

You read my post wrong.

I didn’t say the creatine was the reason either.

But if you were the OP seeking advice, whose would you choose? The bigger or the smaller person’s?

There is no reason not to take creatine on days he doesn’t lift weights. Energy stores in muscles get used just as much from fighting as it does from lifting weights.

And your steroid argument doesn’t even hold water. You and the others both use creatine. They’re just using it differently. Many people use steroids in different ways. There are many huge people that use AAS and many people who use AAS that dont even look like they use creatine more than 3 times per week…

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
BruceLeeFan wrote:
BONEZ217 wrote:
BruceLeeFan wrote:
giterdone wrote:
BruceLeeFan wrote:

OP

That’s like saying someone steroid usage is responsible primarily for their size. Which lets face it makes most guys on here mad, yet it’s ok for this to be so for creatine? I dont doubt what they do works for them. But still, there’s no way they are bigger than me just because they take creatine daily. Come on.

You read my post wrong.

But if you were the OP seeking advice, whose would you choose? The bigger or the smaller person’s?

There is no reason not to take creatine on days he doesn’t lift weights. Energy stores in muscles get used just as much from fighting as it does from lifting weights.

And your steroid argument doesn’t even hold water. You and the others both use creatine. They’re just using it differently. Many people use steroids in different ways. There are many huge people that use AAS and many people who use AAS that dont even look like they use creatine more than 3 times per week… [/quote]

Fair enough.

[quote]Chi-Towns-Finest wrote:
Mouldsie wrote:

Thoughts?

I imagine that creatine is in his protocol, although I wouldn’t bother with his protocol at all if you’re only going to be lifting twice a week. That sounds like a waste of money.

You can make gains if you commit to a 5x5 Program or 5/3/1 three times a week, but if you plan on winging your workouts I don’t understand why you consider buying a shitload of supps…

[/quote]

The supps cost the same per workout whether you’re lifting 2 or 6 times a week.
I am following 5/3/1… there is a 2 day per week program for it, and when i can get in a 3rd lift i will be doing that.
I’ll look into 5x5 though and see whats up.

MMA is a lot more physically taxing than weights though, so I’m leaning towards adding it.

keep it simple.

5g a day with your workout shake.

That’s what I do. Does the job.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
BruceLeeFan wrote:
BONEZ217 wrote:
BruceLeeFan wrote:
giterdone wrote:
BruceLeeFan wrote:

OP

You read my post wrong.

And your steroid argument doesn’t even hold water. You and the others both use creatine. They’re just using it differently. Many people use steroids in different ways. There are many huge people that use AAS and many people who use AAS that dont even look like they use creatine more than 3 times per week… [/quote]

Thanks BONE, for making sense.

And I already know I’m NOT a non-responder (gained a lot of weight/strength to my originally small frame in a short time) which is why I was considering adding it; but during my creatine cycle I was lifting 5 times a week and knew it was useful it for that schedule/workload. Hence my question.

[quote]chimera182 wrote:
Diluted56 wrote:
Can you gain tolerance to creatine? Like it would be wise to take like a week off it every now and then?

No. [/quote]

x2!

[quote]Chi-Towns-Finest wrote:

[/quote]
Chi-town: I train twice a week, I also use creatine. Are you suggesting training twice a week is a waste of time or will not allow me to progress?