T Nation

Creatine Injecting

I went to Puma.com and was met with this ad blurb:

"You don’t have to be the speedy track star or the creatine-injecting weightlifter to be Sooo fast. . . . "

It’s pushing some new line of shoes, but what obviously got me was “creatine-injecting.”

I don’t even know where to start my rant. So I won’t.

Wait… you’re not supposed to inject it?

WOW, I can see that comming from an ignorant 15 year old on an internet forum, but an actual sneaker ad?

Everyone knows creatine is sniffed, not injected. (jk)

The sad thing is that there are going to be people seeing that ad and copying that statement, while believing that creatine actually gets injected.

That’s going to lead people to look at creating as an injectible drug that just can’t be safe, so they better get if away from those sick powerlifters, bodybuilders and other athletes before they hurt someone.

Dumb people suck.

odd…

I always mixed it 4 parts creatine, 4 parts cocaine, 1 part water.

Then dried it in cubes.

Method of ingestion was shoving it up my ass. I do a visual inspection there everyday, especially after I put my “special” sneakers on.

Send hate phone calls/emails/snail mail here:

PUMA North America
Public Relations
5 Lyberty Way
Westford MA 01886
USAPR@puma.com
Telephone: 978-698-1000

I guess that this ad was geared toward the most lazy and ignorant audience they could hope to attract. Of course you don’t need to be a speedy track star or creatine snorting powerlifter.

You just need to buy these shoes!

I bet the people that are attracted to that hook never use the damned things anyways.
p.s. Doesn’t that coke in the rectum lead to some realy wicked sharts?

Gotta have a really big butt plug to get it way up there or else you do get the sharts.

COUGH bullshit COUGH

There’s contact info listed on the Puma web site if anyone wanted to complain about their untruthfull advertising. Maybe someone that owns a supplement company that makes/sells creatine want to call and be VERY unhappy/threaten legal action?

Just an idea. <:’>

Damn, I should have covered this in my article.

Unfortunately incorrectly stating the method of admission of a supplement without mentioning anyone doesn’t come close to qualifying for any legal action. Don’t be ignorant…Hmm I think my law degree has gotten to me.

However I think everything but the legal action part was a good idea.

Inject eh? But wait should that be IM, IV or subQ???

(Joke)

I hate to break it to you guys, but creatine can be injected. Sure it’s not the normal way of doing it, but there was a big fuss recently over a video of AC Milan’s club doctor injecting one of the players with creatine. And I assume that the club doctor of one of the world’s biggest football clubs is probably more qualified than many of you. (This isn’t meant as a dig, and I know there are many knowledgeable people here).

I know it doesn’t portray a great image of supplement use, but there’s nothing inherently wrong with the information in the Puma ad by the sounds of it.

So quit moaning :slight_smile:

[quote]jacross wrote:
Unfortunately incorrectly stating the method of admission of a supplement without mentioning anyone doesn’t come close to qualifying for any legal action. Don’t be ignorant…Hmm I think my law degree has gotten to me.

However I think everything but the legal action part was a good idea.[/quote]

But who really cares whether it qualifies or not? That doesn’t stop companies like Microsoft. Not that there are any supplement companies even close to having the endless pockets for attorneys that M$ has.

Whatever, I’m still going to complain that whoever wrote their ad copy is a total dipshit.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
I went to Puma.com and was met with this ad blurb:

"You don’t have to be the speedy track star or the creatine-injecting weightlifter to be Sooo fast. . . . "

It’s pushing some new line of shoes, but what obviously got me was “creatine-injecting.”

I don’t even know where to start my rant. So I won’t. [/quote]

I chop mine into lines and snort it. Just make sure it’s micronized.

I smoke my creatine. The crack helps with my creatine uptake. Perhaps Biotest should look into replacing it’s fancy-schmancy delivery system with crack. Results might be less, but none of the customers will notice and sales will go through the roof.

That wasn’t serious, btw (for all of you that were about to put me in the same category as mls jr).

Injectable creatine has actually been made by pharmaceutical campanies AND has been and is used in Europe. I forgot the pharm name of the top of my head but it’s definitely 100% true. I’ve read about it in the past and as very suprised, so Injectable creatine is REAL. Obviousley it’s not a monohydrate, but still it’s 100% accurate.

If you guys really want me to, can dig though my old MM2000 mags for the article, it was a 1997 or so issue that had the creatine info. I remeber it was a white box with red lettering on it. Apparently some Italian Pharm company makes it for use with cardiac patients.

Here’s an excerb from a site:

Creatine monohydrate is the most commonly available creatine supplement and the form primarily used in most research studies. However, other forms are available. Creatine phosphate is sold in small quantities. It is an extremely expensive form of creatine, which likely curtails its widespread distribution and use. Any effect of creatine phosphate ingested orally would be mediated by creatine alone, since gut phosphatase enzymes would readily cleave off the phosphate portion of the molecule, liberating FCr.

Additionally, serum possesses high phosphatase activity, leading to rapid breakdown of intravenously administered creatine phosphate to creatine and phosphate (Saks and Strumia 1993). Limited data suggest that PCr infusions may enhance physical training intensity (Clark 1996), and only a few published studies have used oral creatine phosphate to evaluate its effects on exercise performance or health. Creatine phosphate is used in various countries as an injectable drug primarily for medical reasons. However, as Clark (1996) notes, the use of intravenous PCr must be undertaken only under the guidance of a qualified physician.

I’m currently taking Carbolin 19 and Methoxy-7. I was wondering if it would affect my gains, or mess up my cycle in some other way, if I were to start injecting my creatine. That sounds like it would work really well.

Does anyone know what size needle you should use, or for that matter if you should inject IM, or sub-Q?

rainjack

I would NOT take over the counter creating and inject it. You don’t know if it is pyrogen free or sterile. There may be other compounds that allow it to be safe for ingestion but unsafe for injection.

beef

While there may be some special kinds of creatine used medically that are injected, the ad makes it clear that they think all “weight lifters” inject creatine, thus associating it with steroids.

It goes back to the same ol’ bad logic: If steroids make you big and are “bad,” then anything that helps you gain muscle is a bad steroid.

This is the kind of thing that helps the ignorant in power pass sweeping bans.