Creatine In An Empty Stomach?

Hello Everyone, just started out creatine monohydrate.

I go to work everyday and workout evenings.
Do I take creatine first thing in the morning on an empty stomach then go to work… or 1hour right before my evening workout on a full stomach?

Either way is fine

1 Like

Fr?..been taking it for about a week now and I just noticed the “preferably on an empty stomach” label on it.

Feel I’ve been doing it all wrong.

I have no incentive to lie to you

3 Likes

For what it’s worth, which might not be very much, I only take 5 grams creatine monohydrate first thing in the morning with 5 grams of dextrose.

I use the dextrose because when Phosphagen was introduced it was sold combined with dextrose. The thought was that the dextrose would spike your insulin to better absorb the creatine into the muscles. My blood sugar is rather low first thing in the morning. I don’t believe anyone on this forum agrees with me. There are very few people who have taken creatine longer than me.

I also used to take it after working out with weights. Since I started Surge, I have dropped creatine from my post workout drink.

3 Likes

I remember doing this around 2000 or so for the same reason. I no longer believe it matters, but I also don’t see any reason not to do it this way if you feel like it might possibly help.

I think the more important thing is consistency. However you get your five grams in a day is just fine.

3 Likes

Mine is 500mg per pill, so how many pills a day.

Well, in that case, I would follow the label dosing recommendations until the bottle is empty.

Then I would opt for just a classic creatine monohydrate powder, like what Biotest offers.

1 Like

Every recommended dose for creatine monohydrate that I have seen is 5 grams per day. many used to recommend a loading period of about 10 days to 2 weeks of 10 grams per day.
IMO, the loading period is not necessary as the 5 grams will accumulate in a few days.

I have only used the powder form.

I did the same thing up until a couple years ago.