T Nation

Creatine Hydrochloride

this pretty respectable guy at the gym was trying to sell me creatine hydrochloride. told me to at least look it up, and see its benefits. searched, but there wasn’t much threads about it. anyone use it? how does it compare to the basic creatine monohydrate. i do know it’s alot more expensive though.

I tried it before in pill form… Took the GNC AMP creatine its a form of hydro… It seemed fine to me

I’ve used Con-Cret’s Creatine HCL product (pure HCL with flavoring) as well as DISALLOWED’s wicked pre-workout (I know, I know MT sucks but this is a decent product) which has significant creatine HCL in it as well.

I find CHCL works as well in 1/2 the dosage as monohydrate, with far less stomach upset (CM gives me the sand in my tummy feeling) BUT it’s 4x the price.

So if you’re going to effects, HCL is NOT better than CM BUT if CM destroys your gut like it does mine, HCL is worth the price as it allows me use creatine again.

I don’t have any experience with any of this CHCL stuff. It is worth mentioning, though, that while creatine monohydrate has been extensively studied and tested, I’m not sure that other types have. I feel like everything I read about creatine in general says: “Go with monohydrate, as it’s been shown to be effective.”

ive used it 4 times and there’s no noticeable difference in strength or reps endurance compared to kre-alkalyn or mono.

[quote]The3Commandments wrote:
I don’t have any experience with any of this CHCL stuff. It is worth mentioning, though, that while creatine monohydrate has been extensively studied and tested, I’m not sure that other types have. I feel like everything I read about creatine in general says: “Go with monohydrate, as it’s been shown to be effective.” [/quote]

x2

Creatine mono is cost effective and it works well, I don’t really see any good reason to go for a different variety.

I will acknowledge that ANACONDA (contains another variety- I believe it’s creatine pyruvate) worked well for me when I supplemented with that around workouts, but the stuff is balls expensive and I’ve done fine with creatine mono since dropping it.

yea…it is pretty expensive. over here it’s about $60 for creatine mono 1kg tub from universal. so with 5g a day, it can pretty much me last me 2/3 of a year. the stuff he’s trying to sell me is $60 with only one months worth of serving! i did say id look into it though. thanks for the replies!

he made it sounds as if it were some super supplement. 750mg per serving. well, creatine doesn’t really bother me with bloating etc. so i guess it’s just not worth the price!

x3 for creatine mono being cost effective.