Creatine: How much?

EAS’ Phosphagen HP recommends one to two servings daily after the loading period. What constitutes two servings versus one? I’m in my bulking phase. I weigh about 175 lbs at 5’7". I’m on Ian King’s upper and lower body program, so I workout four days a week. I eat about 3000 calories a day. I take one serving of HP a day now. Should I be taking two servings a day? Thanks!

Loading really isn’t necessary, and maintenance can be anywhere from 3g to 10g per day, usually depending on finances. Also, you would be better off ditching the kool-aid stuff and just buying regular old creatine powder to mix with Surge. On off days, you can take it with green tea. With the kool aid stuff, you’ll be getting a crapload of simple sugars on non-training days, which is exactly what you don’t want. You should be eating low glycemic carbs at all times other than immediately post-workout. The Phosphagen is okay post-training (assuming you’re combining it with protein), but it will likely do more harm than good on off-days. Get some Surge and creatine.

I forget to tell you: do a search for “Precision Nutrition for 2002 and Beyond.” It’ll fill you in on all you need to know about optimal carb, protein, creatine, etc. intake post-workout.

One serving is fine. An alternative to save you money would be to mix regular creatine (prolab makes a good one) with gatorade (the powdery stuff).