Creatine for Teenagers

Is it safe for teenagers (aged 14) to use creatine? The gentlemen at the local GNC says it is not, as the liver is producing enough enough creatine until the early 20’s. I have read otherwise online, and am looking for the advice of my fellow T-Men. Keep in mind I have already grown a lot, being 5’8 and 150 lbs.

I’m 17, and using supplements like creatine is not part of me plans for any tiem soon. You’re 5’8’’ and 150ibs, so before anyone else breaks you into little pieces, deep fries you, and has you as a KFC snacker my advice is to eat like a fucking horse (I mean eat every 2-3 hours, a substantial meal, just shove the food down) and you should pack on plenty of muscle w/o having to use creatine.

Of course, it goes w/o saying that you implement a program that focuses on the compound lifts, and that you use heavy weights. Not some musclemag crap :wink:

At this stage in your life, gains will be easy, creatine or not. Don’t waste your time with supplements that make a 2% difference when you can make a 10% difference with harder training and better diet.

[quote]dev wrote:
At this stage in your life, gains will be easy, creatine or not. Don’t waste your time with supplements that make a 2% difference when you can make a 10% difference with harder training and better diet.[/quote]
…easy?
Not always so. how come every 16 year old kid who lifts is not in phenominal shape? how come Mr. O isnt 18?

with that said, listen to dev.
supps arent worth much without a foundation which you build at your age.
seriously, dont mess with creatine even tho it is not dangerous. you just dont need it. its not a wonder suplement. SOME people respond a bit to it. mostly in their heads tho, placebo effect.

without a fulltime job, and other obligations you can live life like a pro bodybuilder! thats right, you can go to bed early and get a ton of sleep. eat all you want, mom will buy more. lift 5 times a week, no one is gonna say “hey how about you do something more productive with yourself!”. and your blood is full of testosterone, just like the pros!

good times, cherish them while they last.

Whether you have reached your self-approved height or not I would do some research on weight training at 14. Specifically weight training that would benefit from creatine. I am not saying to believe all the foo-fah about 0 weight training, but there is some research supporting the emphasis on not maxing out. You can still do some serious harm to your bones. Have you looked into this?

I hate to sound like mom.

[quote]TriGWU wrote:
Whether you have reached your self-approved height or not I would do some research on weight training at 14. Specifically weight training that would benefit from creatine. I am not saying to believe all the foo-fah about 0 weight training, but there is some research supporting the emphasis on not maxing out. You can still do some serious harm to your bones. Have you looked into this?

I hate to sound like mom.[/quote]

I have in great detail. The conclusion from the scientific communitiy and every expert in the field was that it will not stunt growth unless you injure yourself, just as you could playing any other sport. If anything, it will make you grow more, as it increases testosterone. It will increase bone density too. I eat like a horse, occasionally eating six full-blown meals a day, and have gained 17 pounds, the majority of it muscle, as I still have a six pack, in the past three months (I was cutting weight for wrestling).

I don’t think Creatine will stunt your growth. However, as a teenager there are other factors to consider. The body produces creatine on it’s own, if you consume large amounts of the stuff at a young age are you teaching your body not to produce creatine any longer? Just something to consider.

Also, you have had some great advice on this thread. Build your base of strength and size by lifting the full body movements and eating lots of quality food.

Good Luck,

Zeb

[quote]ZEB wrote:
I don’t think Creatine will stunt your growth. However, as a teenager there are other factors to consider. The body produces creatine on it’s own, if you consume large amounts of the stuff at a young age are you teaching your body not to produce creatine any longer? Just something to consider.

Also, you have had some great advice on this thread. Build your base of strength and size by lifting the full body movements and eating lots of quality food.

Good Luck,

Zeb[/quote]

That is what the GNC genetlemen told me (about halting creatine production). It is the same concept that explains why if you take testosterone or GH as a teenager, your body will stop making it and thus you will stop growing. My current routine consists of Front Squats, Stiff-Leg Deadlift, Dumbell Bench Press, and Chin-Up, for a max strength wave.

[quote]KombatAthlete wrote:
TriGWU wrote:

I hate to sound like mom.

I have in great detail. The conclusion from the scientific communitiy and every expert in the field was that it will not stunt growth unless you injure yourself, just as you could playing any other sport. If anything, it will make you grow more, as it increases testosterone. It will increase bone density too. I eat like a horse, occasionally eating six full-blown meals a day, and have gained 17 pounds, the majority of it muscle, as I still have a six pack, in the past three months (I was cutting weight for wrestling).[/quote]

I respect that you have done the correct research. You seem to know where you are going which makes me believe, unlike most your age, you won’t do any bodily harm. Just take it easy man. Know what you are doing and do it right; listen to your body.

Again, I didn’t mean to sound like mom… just would like to make sure you’ve given it some thought.

The growth stunting from g.h. and T use is due to a response that most guys get in late teens early twentys, the big T spike reacts with the growth plate in your wrist and tells your body to stop growing.Steroid use mimics this and the results are the same. The opposite are the leviathan soyboys that won’t stop growing at the right age and are still doughy and weak.

[quote]KombatAthlete wrote:
Is it safe for teenagers (aged 14) to use creatine? The gentlemen at the local GNC says it is not, as the liver is producing enough enough creatine until the early 20’s. I have read otherwise online, and am looking for the advice of my fellow T-Men. Keep in mind I have already grown a lot, being 5’8 and 150 lbs.[/quote]

Kombat, I am a 15 year old kid a freshman in highschool. I use creatine, but you have to use how it tells you too. Dont take more then the recommended doses.

First of all, no harm will come of taking too much creatine. The only harm is a waste of money. You see, any creatine your body doesn’t absorb is expelled in your urine.

Second, I am a Freshman in Highschool and use creatine. I have noticed an increase in explosive endurance/strength and increase in pump (not a placebo effect). I have done extensive research as far as i’m concerned, and all of it has no conflicts with teenagers our age using creatine.

Third, “my” GNC guy as well as my coaches, trainers, and other adults i have talked to have told me exactly what my research has told me.

I’d say go for it, see if you notice anything after a month, and if not, chances are your levels are high enough already.

don’t fall for the “loading stage” or the “10 grams a day” shit either…

Oh, and i forgot to mention.

ONE GALLON OF WATER A DAY. NO EXCEPTIONS.