Creatine for Building Muscle

What is the most effective creatine for building muscle?

+
https://www.T-Nation.com/productInfo.do?id=459244

Biotest german is really good. and its really cheap

Creatine Monohydrate. Well, its the only one proven to work and results have shown this through numerous studies. Theres little scientific evidence to assume that other forms of creatine are worth the extra money.

This is a nice little site that has lots of info on many different supplements, including references to many studies: http://www.nutros.com/index.html

[quote]talon2nr7588 wrote:
Biotest german is really good. and its really cheap[/quote]

Seconded.

Do you guys cycle creatine? I am currently using it while bulking but don’t know whether or not to keep using it when I start cutting and after my cut.

I know John Berardi recommends it whether your bulking or cutting. Thats good enough for me. He knows his stuff.

[quote]elusive wrote:
I know John Berardi recommends it whether your bulking or cutting. Thats good enough for me. He knows his stuff. [/quote]

do you know how long your supposed to cycle it??

You can supplement with creatine year round, it has even been shown to have many health benefits.

Really?

yeah, really. lol.

so no breaks or off weeks just take it non stop?

Take 5 grams a day. There is no evidence to suggest that you would have to stop or cycle off of it.

alright thanks for the info that helps alot

[quote]BFS wrote:
Really? [/quote]

every day I take creatine.

I have it in my am shake and my Post work out shake as well.

yes you can take it all year its not a chemical its a natural acid.
you get small amounts when eating red meat.
these are my everyday supplments.

creatine
whey protien
fish oil

a good one a day multi vit. take these 4 every day and your set.

along with a good diet that is,if your diet is crap supplments are just wasted. IMO

EDIT: How can i forget my BCAAs have to have those as well.

[quote]Nich wrote:
BFS wrote:
Really?

creatine
whey protien
fish oil

along with a good diet that is,if your diet is crap supplments are just wasted. IMO

[/quote]

so like like how many total grams of creatine do i need to take a day? 5g in morning shake and 5g post workout?
o and what whey protein do you reccomend?

[quote]BFS wrote:
Nich wrote:
BFS wrote:
Really?

creatine
whey protien
fish oil

so like like how many total grams of creatine do i need to take a day? 5g in morning shake and 5g post workout?
o and what whey protein do you reccomend?[/quote]

5 grams pwo is pefectly adaquate.
I personally take about 2.5-3 grams in the am with my shake and then I do 5 grams after work outs. thats about half spoon full in the am and a full spoon full pwo.

I hqave seen where people “load” creatine
they take 5 grams 4 times a day for a week and then they go to 5 grams oncea day.
I have seen different people saying this is not needed and you waste creatine.
well I personally dont mind loading ,if you dont absorb it all you will just pee out the rest in waste with no damage,unless you dont drink enough water.( does anyone else have a link handy I know this is talked to death all over)
which is another thing start drinking about 1.5 to 2 gallons every day on top of whatever else you drink if you dont already

as far as protein Biotest sells whey on this site and its pretty cheap as well and tastes good.
they have other forms of protein too and if you cant get it online walk in any health store theres tons of choices
read the label and make sure its what you want.

I am of the thought its a mater of taste,and actually I used to love muscle milk till they changed the formula now it sucks donkey meat
I actually got a store brand from hi health last time in a pinch and the strawberry and creme is pretty good mixed with milk mixed with water its not so great.

I hope this helped a little.

yea that deffinately helps alot thanks man

[quote]BFS wrote:
o and what whey protein do you reccomend?[/quote]

It hurts my heart and baffles my brain that you’re asking questions like this, but you’ve already done a cycle of pro-hormones at 16 years old.

Priorities, shmiorities, huh?

In any case, 5 grams of creatine in your post workout shake is fine. Grow! Whey is good stuff. Two scoops throughout the day would be a good start.

But to address your first question:

Creatine doesn’t build muscle. It functions best in a strength building plan. In a strictly muscle-building program, creatine isn’t necessary.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

Creatine doesn’t build muscle. It functions best in a strength building plan. In a strictly muscle-building program, creatine isn’t necessary.[/quote]

I’d have to disagree.

It may not directly build muscle, but allowing you to increase strength as you say, usually increases muscle indirectly. Not too mention if you’re able to lift more weight for more reps, given a slight caloric surplus will help increase muscle.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
Chris Colucci wrote:

Creatine doesn’t build muscle. It functions best in a strength building plan. In a strictly muscle-building program, creatine isn’t necessary.

I’d have to disagree.

It may not directly build muscle, but allowing you to increase strength as you say, usually increases muscle indirectly. Not too mention if you’re able to lift more weight for more reps, given a slight caloric surplus will help increase muscle.[/quote]

True enough, but when looking for a supplement to improve a muscle-building training and nutrition plan, I’d put other items (like Metabolic Drive Complete and BCAAs) higher up on the list of must-haves.

From what I hear, things like Beta-7 might even be a better choice, allowing for more reps at that moderate “growth inducing” rep range, compared to creatine. But I have to look into/experiment with that more myself.

But really, the kid’s priorities are so far out of whack (having said in another thread that he’s already been through a pro-hormone cycle), that I’m wondering if he’s even using proper PWO nutrition. So just including Surge (possibly doubling up since he’s looking to add size) would be a better first step.