Creatine for a 15 Year Old

I never used the stuff and I am 18. But my lil brother just picked up powerlifting 4 months ago and wants to try creatine. Could it be bad for him due to his age? And if not what kind of gains will he get. (Hes only 15, so if this shit only adds 5 pounds to his bench im not gonna let him waste his money.)

I’d probably start him off with good old plain Whey protein shakes. That will stir things up enough, imo. That should supplement his already, I hope, balanced and complete diet which serves as the core component that enables him to achieve whatever goals he has in mind. My two centavos

He can take creatine and get the same results as any of us. It will definitely help, but at his age heavy weights and a LOT, I mean a LOT of food will do him better. Same goes for you at 18. I’m not much older than you, but let me tell you. The difference between 16 and 18 is HUGE…and if you stick with it the difference between 18 and 20 is HUGE. So if you guys train hard and eat massive amounts of protein and calories you’ll grow like a weed. My opinion, and from my experience it works pretty good. lol

DG

[quote]Growing_Boy wrote:
I’d probably start him off with good old plain Whey protein shakes. That will stir things up enough, imo. That should supplement his already, I hope, balanced and complete diet which serves as the core component that enables him to achieve whatever goals he has in mind. My two centavos[/quote]

Hes been taking that on and off.

[quote]Dirty Gerdy wrote:
He can take creatine and get the same results as any of us. It will definitely help, but at his age heavy weights and a LOT, I mean a LOT of food will do him better. Same goes for you at 18. I’m not much older than you, but let me tell you. The difference between 16 and 18 is HUGE…and if you stick with it the difference between 18 and 20 is HUGE. So if you guys train hard and eat massive amounts of protein and calories you’ll grow like a weed. My opinion, and from my experience it works pretty good. lol

DG[/quote]

What if he ate ALOT and took creatine?

I dont see a reason to not let him take creatine.

I didnt start supplementing with it till about 17, but it has almost 0 risks if you drink a normal amount of water and dont spend all day in the sun.

They only time it can cause kidney problems is under SEVERE dehydration conditions.

5 grams before, 5 after, dont bother loading and all that cycling shit, all I ever got from taking 25 grams a day was an upset stomach.

Use good old mono, its tried and true, researched to death, and its good cheap stuff.

To be honest hes not going to notice the creatine, at 15 his gains will be explosive with little else than lifting hard.

Id save the creatine as a platuea breaker when hes a little older.

Creatine is like a really gay ass trump card, it works best the first time you use it, granted its not dramatic, but it is noticeable.

[quote]TheBig3 wrote:
Dirty Gerdy wrote:

DG

What if he ate ALOT and took creatine?[/quote]

then he will build muscle and probably grow big and strong :stuck_out_tongue: lol

DG

I’d say don’t give it to him yet, not that it won’t work. Just because at that age just starting if he eats right and sleeps alot he’ll make substantial gains anyway. I would recommend letting him get used to the training say 10 months to a year of solid training.

if you give him creatine after that it’ll cause a little growth spurt and his gains will improve drastically and the creatine will go to better use. G