Creatine Ethyl Esther

The only product containing regular monohydrate I ever had zero bloating with was Vitargo CGL, but that had to go or else I wouldn’t be able to enjoy my daily Surge!!!

Why dose everyone think that creatine is supposed to cause gains in mass? The only weight that one could EVER gain from creatine is water weight. Creatne simply hydrates your muscle cells. It’s not gunna make you super hyoooge like arnold or strong like superman. The most you will get out of it is better recovery and more musculare endurance, which can LEAD to better gains in mass or strength, but will not do it on it’s own. Creatine is found in most(if not all) meat products, so no unnatural gains can not be expected. If they could, then anyone who ate meat would be super huge and super strong. If you already eat alot of meat, you probably wont gain anything by using it. CEE is bullshit IMO, which I can’t back up with any proof at all. But just by looking at some of the stupid claims the companies are making about it, it’s pretty obvious that it’s BS.

jsbrook, you know, I’ve never really understood the whole bloating thing. I’ve never had it, none of my clients or athletes have had it, and it’s not supported by the hundreds of subjects in the scientific literature (kinda went into this on another thread).

As far as not needing to load, we don’t need to do this with creatine anyway. :stuck_out_tongue:

Fewer gastric side effects? Possibly, but Lyle McDonald had lab analysis performed on several CEE products and found that none of them were pure CEE. If this isn’t a case for the placebo effect, I don’t know what is

Great questions!

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
I agree that it can’t possibly live up to many of its claim. But what do you think about it being just as good as monohydrate without the need to load, less bloating, and decreased likelihood of stomach issues for those that are prone to them with monohydrate?

Edit-or maybe your article addresses this and you don’t want to get into it right now.
[/quote]

Griffin, I agree that the direct gains coming from creatine are greatly exaggerated.

Although there is no measurable effect on protein synthesis, and the anticatabolic effect is questionable, I can’t help but believe that there is a small long-term effect on muscle mass.

Whether it’s indirect from training, or direct from anticatabolism, or even a combination of both, there’s likely an effect.

Cheers

[quote]GriffinC wrote:
Why dose everyone think that creatine is supposed to cause gains in mass? The only weight that one could EVER gain from creatine is water weight. Creatne simply hydrates your muscle cells. It’s not gunna make you super hyoooge like arnold or strong like superman. The most you will get out of it is better recovery and more musculare endurance, which can LEAD to better gains in mass or strength, but will not do it on it’s own. Creatine is found in most(if not all) meat products, so no unnatural gains can not be expected. If they could, then anyone who ate meat would be super huge and super strong. If you already eat alot of meat, you probably wont gain anything by using it. CEE is bullshit IMO, which I can’t back up with any proof at all. But just by looking at some of the stupid claims the companies are making about it, it’s pretty obvious that it’s BS.[/quote]

[quote]David Barr wrote:
Griffin, I agree that the direct gains coming from creatine are greatly exaggerated.

Although there is no measurable effect on protein synthesis, and the anticatabolic effect is questionable, I can’t help but believe that there is a small long-term effect on muscle mass.

Whether it’s indirect from training, or direct from anticatabolism, or even a combination of both, there’s likely an effect.

Cheers

GriffinC wrote:
Why dose everyone think that creatine is supposed to cause gains in mass? The only weight that one could EVER gain from creatine is water weight. Creatne simply hydrates your muscle cells. It’s not gunna make you super hyoooge like arnold or strong like superman. The most you will get out of it is better recovery and more musculare endurance, which can LEAD to better gains in mass or strength, but will not do it on it’s own. Creatine is found in most(if not all) meat products, so no unnatural gains can not be expected. If they could, then anyone who ate meat would be super huge and super strong. If you already eat alot of meat, you probably wont gain anything by using it. CEE is bullshit IMO, which I can’t back up with any proof at all. But just by looking at some of the stupid claims the companies are making about it, it’s pretty obvious that it’s BS.[/quote]

I was close!

Thanks. hmm…I’ve noticed bloating with monohydrate before pretty much right away. Perhaps it was just from the loading doses or the fact the beginning of use always coincided with the beginning of a bulk (natural water retention?). I didn’t notice anything with CEE. But if I forgo the loading phase next time I use monohydrate, maybe I won’t have any bloating. As for the products Lyle investigated, I can’t say I’m entirely surprised it wasn’t legitimate 100% pure CEE… Looking forward to your article!

[quote]David Barr wrote:
jsbrook, you know, I’ve never really understood the whole bloating thing. I’ve never had it, none of my clients or athletes have had it, and it’s not supported by the hundreds of subjects in the scientific literature (kinda went into this on another thread).

As far as not needing to load, we don’t need to do this with creatine anyway. :stuck_out_tongue:

Fewer gastric side effects? Possibly, but Lyle McDonald had lab analysis performed on several CEE products and found that none of them were pure CEE. If this isn’t a case for the placebo effect, I don’t know what is

Great questions!