T Nation

Creatine Dose

i recently bought some creatine and i wanted to know how much i should take at a time. any suggestions?

The amount it says to take on the label.

The most common recommendation is 5 grams once daily added to your post-workout drink.

Yup just take a teaspoon a day

phill

This has been discussed before. There are suggestions to take more for a while to load up in-muscle stores. After that you can use the lesser amounts. Once your tissues are saturated, more does nothing.

[quote]KSman wrote:
This has been discussed before. There are suggestions to take more for a while to load up in-muscle stores. After that you can use the lesser amounts. Once your tissues are saturated, more does nothing.[/quote]

do you know how long it will take for my muscles to get saturated?

Alright, I just started doing creatine. I researched that shit a lot before I broke myself and bought it.

Here’s what I got from some very reliable sources. For the first five days you do the loading stage. Which is two servings a day. One when wake up and one after you work out. I get up early and work out so I just wait until I’m done working out then I take that. 12 hours later you take the other serving.

After that five days your creatine receptors in your muscles will close because they are used to the extra creatine put in your body. They will open back up and start making their own again once you stop using creatine for 2-3 weeks. Creatine has a big half life of 2-3 weeks. To get the best results you need to be on it for about a month. Then stop for 2 weeks. Since creatine has a long half life it will be in your system for 2-3 weeks.

At that point you start loading again(the twice a day routine). Doing that, your muscles have opened the receptors for more creatine and you will get super-saturation of your creatine and you will get the most out of your creatine. (money and success). If you have any questions or if i left anythign out, just message me. Actually I got all that from a site which I’ll post the link right here.

http://www.muscle101.com/cycling_creatine.html

Just copy and paste that and read it. It’s pretty self explanitory. It works.

Most experts agree that a loading phase is not required. You’ll still reach saturation levels by taking 5 grams/day, although it will take a little longer.

no need to load. take 5 grams pwo

I remember reading some article that said that 5g a day was really too much even for bigger guys. At ~185lbs I take 2.5g a day.

[quote]P1 wrote:
I remember reading some article that said that 5g a day was really too much even for bigger guys. At ~185lbs I take 2.5g a day.[/quote]

I think the guys that make the stuff and offer a suggested dosage would know the best.

One study doesn’t prove didley. Go with what the previous poster said from his exhaustive research.

[quote]kroby wrote:
P1 wrote:
I remember reading some article that said that 5g a day was really too much even for bigger guys. At ~185lbs I take 2.5g a day.

I think the guys that make the stuff and offer a suggested dosage would know the best.

One study doesn’t prove didley. Go with what the previous poster said from his exhaustive research.[/quote]

I don’t think the guys who make the stuff know best.

[quote]P1 wrote:

[/quote]

Let me understand this. Are you suggesting that manufacturers of creatine don’t know, or they purposely don’t offer the most prudent recommended use?

How about manufacturers of any other supplement?

Of course the sellers are going to recommend a loading phase you will use it faster and have to buy more. But really its so cheap load if you want then go to a maint dose wont hurt ya

Phill

[quote]kroby wrote:
P1 wrote:

Let me understand this. Are you suggesting that manufacturers of creatine don’t know, or they purposely don’t offer the most prudent recommended use?

How about manufacturers of any other supplement? [/quote]

[quote]kroby wrote:
P1 wrote:

How about manufacturers of any other supplement? [/quote]

I’m saying they don’t offer the best recommendations. Their goal is to sell their products and that’s all.