Creatine Dosage

Hi all, I’ve done some research on the site, read a few articles, such as Naked Truth, and got some good info out of it.

But still about confused about dosage…loading vs no loading, how many grams of loading and maintenance…

Also i know creatine is good when its the plain type without additives, but which brand do you guys use?

thanks

If you are buying creatine, why does the brand matter? Go to consumer reports or something and figure out the purity of various products if you are really motivated to do so. Buy something labelled Creapure perhaps.

Don’t bother to load, take up to 5g per day. Etc. Etc. Etc.

Brands :ultimate nutrition, prolab, eas, etc

Dosage : 5 grams (i use 3 grams in my workout gatorade and 3 in my post workout drink)

Load with 15% of your Lean Body Mass for 1 week (i.e. about 25g for a 170 LBM)split into 4 doses/day, then maintain with about 1/4 of that per day for up to 8 weeks. Take it with 1/2cup grapefruit juice (reduces some of the enzymes in your stomach that would degrade the creatine) and 1/2 REAL grape juice (to spike your insulin).

This schedule is working for me right now. For creatine to do its job, you need to be training HARD. I would expect about 4 lbs of lean tissue gain in the 8 weeks if all your “ducks are in a row”.

Keep it simpl. a rounded teaspoon every day. for as long as you want no loading no certain time just take it.

If you want to get fancy put it in your PWO Surge on w/o days.

Brands. Well the ones above and any simple creatine Monohydrate is what you want. Not that expensive krea, ethyl, Blaa.

What is everyone’s opinion on the following product?

XS™ Power Nutrition Creatine Squeeze
20 - 1 fl. oz. pouches
QTY

ADD TO…

SKU: 700292
List Price: $31.80
Advisories and Precautions
Nutritional Information

Product Flier
Product Description

This liquid squeeze delivers 2.5 g of creatine to your body, enabling you to exercise at a higher intensity and possibly, for a longer period of time.

Creatine is a naturally occurring peptide, made from two amino acids. It is used by your muscles to meet rapid increases in energy demand. This liquid squeeze with patented stabilized delivery system delivers 2.5 g of creatine to your body, enabling you to exercise at a higher intensity and possibly, for a longer period of time. Also aids in the energy production of skeletal muscle. Take it prior to exercise to help replenish and build creatine stores. Orange-pineapple flavor. Store below 75° F.

expensive creatine = waste of money

liquid creatine = worthless
Tests have shown that very little actual creatine is delivered in such a system. Mix the crytsals yourself and drink it in an hour or less afterwards, or else you’re getting mostly creatinine, which is not what you want.

[quote]~karma~ wrote:
What is everyone’s opinion on the following product?

XS? Power Nutrition Creatine Squeeze
20 - 1 fl. oz. pouches
QTY

ADD TO…

SKU: 700292
List Price: $31.80
Advisories and Precautions
Nutritional Information

Product Flier
Product Description

This liquid squeeze delivers 2.5 g of creatine to your body, enabling you to exercise at a higher intensity and possibly, for a longer period of time.

Creatine is a naturally occurring peptide, made from two amino acids. It is used by your muscles to meet rapid increases in energy demand. This liquid squeeze with patented stabilized delivery system delivers 2.5 g of creatine to your body, enabling you to exercise at a higher intensity and possibly, for a longer period of time. Also aids in the energy production of skeletal muscle. Take it prior to exercise to help replenish and build creatine stores. Orange-pineapple flavor. Store below 75? F.

[/quote]

The bang for buck ratio and proven results compared to good old monohydrate powder makes this product hard to recomend.

[quote]Need4Speed wrote:
liquid creatine = worthless
Tests have shown that very little actual creatine is delivered in such a system. Mix the crytsals yourself and drink it in an hour or less afterwards, or else you’re getting mostly creatinine, which is not what you want.[/quote]

Agreed.

Even if creatine were stable in liquid for long periods of time, charging $30 for 20 2.5g doses is fucking rediculous.

-Dan

Stop looking for the magic pill that will suddenly grant you huge gains.

Try hard work and solid nutrition…

[quote]vroom wrote:

Try hard work and solid nutrition…[/quote]

Did the above get posted in the wrong thread?

Anyway… Thanks for the opinions, guys. Someone recommended the above product (not for me but for another) and as I have no background/experience with it I had a hard time applying what the half dozen articles I’d pulled up said.

[quote]~karma~ wrote:
vroom wrote:

Try hard work and solid nutrition…

Did the above get posted in the wrong thread?
[/quote]

No, he likes to complain.

Vroom, creatine is good for you as a rule in any case, trainer or not, and it’s not expensive at all. Back off a bit.

[quote]
Anyway… Thanks for the opinions, guys. Someone recommended the above product (not for me but for another) and as I have no background/experience with it I had a hard time applying what the half dozen articles I’d pulled up said.[/quote]

It’s understandable, as not all products are clearly labeled, and it can be tough to find a good inexpensive distributor. I’ll PM you a link to one I’ve used for years with great success.

-Dan