Creatine Before Workout?

i know creatine is mostly used after workouts, but i have been also hearing that taking it before a workout will give you more energy and stength.
i was wondering if there are any benefits of taking creatine before working out and if so, what are they?
I was also wondering how much creatine i should be taking a day i am 5’8 170 lbs.

I am certainly no expert when it comes to stuff like this, but I have really noticed that when I take creatine mixed in my protein drink that I have about 1.5-2 hrs before my workout, I can lift a lot heavier than I have ever been able to.
The other day, I forgot and really noticed the difference.

When I started taking creatine, I was mixing it in my Surge during the workout, but I like the results that I am seeing in my strength gains with taking it about 1.5 hrs before my workout.

Given that creatine costs roughly three cents per metric ton, I think you can safely take it before and after your workout. I do. Even if it s just a placebo, you’re out three cents.

[quote]alsrnbsn wrote:
I am certainly no expert when it comes to stuff like this, but I have really noticed that when I take creatine mixed in my protein drink that I have about 1.5-2 hrs before my workout, I can lift a lot heavier than I have ever been able to.
The other day, I forgot and really noticed the difference.

When I started taking creatine, I was mixing it in my Surge during the workout, but I like the results that I am seeing in my strength gains with taking it about 1.5 hrs before my workout.[/quote]

I think that is mostly mental. I doubt it has those kind of affects from day to day. I think in general it’s better for uptake to take it after your workout. I just throw it in my Surge so I have some of it during and after my workout. I try to simplify things as much as possible.

Pre-workout creatine ingestion was discussed in this Barrticle:

http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=768093&cr=

[quote]David Barr wrote:
Pre-workout creatine ingestion was discussed in this Barrticle:

http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=768093&cr=[/quote]

Good article. Thanks.