Creatine and Thirst??

[quote]PGA200X wrote:
You do need to add more water, thats a given. Take it with your PWO shake. But taking 10mg’s a day you’re body is wee-weeing out the excess. If you lower the dose to 3-5mg, you’re 110 so you could use 3mg’s you shouldnt have the run to the bathroom effect.

Do you eat red meat, AG? If so how often?[/quote]

Rarely (maybe twice a month if that?!)…I know people get creatine from red meat. Its not that I don’t eat it, but I usually eat more in the summer when we are outside and grilling etc.

[quote]AG1 wrote:
PGA200X wrote:
You do need to add more water, thats a given. Take it with your PWO shake. But taking 10mg’s a day you’re body is wee-weeing out the excess. If you lower the dose to 3-5mg, you’re 110 so you could use 3mg’s you shouldnt have the run to the bathroom effect.

Do you eat red meat, AG? If so how often?

Rarely (maybe twice a month if that?!)…I know people get creatine from red meat. Its not that I don’t eat it, but I usually eat more in the summer when we are outside and grilling etc.[/quote]

Ok then 5mgs should suffice. 10mg’s is definitely too much and you’re body is making you get rid of it. When I dont eat redmeat for a day or two and I take creatine I dont have to go to the bathroom. But if I have a few burgers that day before or so I am going to the bathroom quite often. I’ve tried that experiement for myself and thats what happens to me and my guess the same in other people too.

[quote]PGA200X wrote:
AG1 wrote:
PGA200X wrote:

Rarely (maybe twice a month if that?!)…I know people get creatine from red meat. Its not that I don’t eat it, but I usually eat more in the summer when we are outside and grilling etc.

Ok then 5mgs should suffice. 10mg’s is definitely too much and you’re body is making you get rid of it. When I dont eat redmeat for a day or two and I take creatine I dont have to go to the bathroom. But if I have a few burgers that day before or so I am going to the bathroom quite often. I’ve tried that experiement for myself and thats what happens to me and my guess the same in other people too.[/quote]

Creatine would be measured in grams (g’s) not Milligrams (mg’s) 1 flat teaspoon is 5 grams, and that is more than plenty. I dont see why there would be a reason to feel thirsty from taking just 5 grams of creatine per day. Just keep drinking more water!!!

Something like every molecule of create absorbed it takes something like 3 to 4 molecules of water…

Now if you goal is to become a powerlifter or other type of strength sports then creatine is great…but I have found that now that I am not taking it my strengh has tappered a bit, but the results are still coming. I did not like the water weight swelled look any more…this is a personnal choice you make. Everybody’s body is different. At a weight of 230, I was only taking 5 grams after working out after the load phase and still end up with the watered down look.

[quote]mike08042 wrote:
PGA200X wrote:
AG1 wrote:
PGA200X wrote:

Ok then 5mgs should suffice. 10mg’s is definitely too much and you’re body is making you get rid of it. When I dont eat redmeat for a day or two and I take creatine I dont have to go to the bathroom. But if I have a few burgers that day before or so I am going to the bathroom quite often. I’ve tried that experiement for myself and thats what happens to me and my guess the same in other people too.

Creatine would be measured in grams (g’s) not Milligrams (mg’s) 1 flat teaspoon is 5 grams, and that is more than plenty. I dont see why there would be a reason to feel thirsty from taking just 5 grams of creatine per day. Just keep drinking more water!!! [/quote]

Ooops I meant G’s.

[quote]djbige05 wrote:
Something like every molecule of create absorbed it takes something like 3 to 4 molecules of water…

Now if you goal is to become a powerlifter or other type of strength sports then creatine is great…but I have found that now that I am not taking it my strengh has tappered a bit, but the results are still coming. I did not like the water weight swelled look any more…this is a personnal choice you make. Everybody’s body is different. At a weight of 230, I was only taking 5 grams after working out after the load phase and still end up with the watered down look.[/quote]

How soon would this ‘watered down’ look take to appear?

AG - although im sure this info is good for you, were basically giving you anecdotal examples of how creatine responds in us.
Creatine has an individual response - not every user responds to it - this is related to the starting level we have already - if you have a low level to begin with youll have a greater increase.
the AIS recommend around 3 gram to maintain levels per day. Ive got research looking at 2 grams/day as well.

A response of 0.6 - 1kg not uncommon, mostly water - so as repeated drink up.
Use sugars to load - most early studies used 70g of glucose (Think DISALLOWED products) to instigate the insulin response, but you can get away with less. Surge would be fine.
Exercise enhances uptake too.

anything else?