Creatine and Teenagers?

[quote]bonzi50 wrote:
You?re missing the point. Magic pill or not there is no reason for anyone to use any supplements until they have at least learned how to design a diet for themselves involving nothing but whole foods. It?s like the old saying of putting the carriage in front of the horse. [/quote]

Just so someone else validates it, you’re correct in the saying.

I have to disagree about not taking a supp if you don’t yet know how to put together a great diet yet, though. Some things are just plain good for you, like vitamin C, creatine, fish oil, ZMA. No reason not to take them while you’re in the learning process. That was my point about making it contingent on healthy foods - help him learn while still getting the benefits.

You have a point, though, it does depend on the child’s personality. If you think he’d be able to understand that it’s just and adjunct, I see no reason not to use a plain monohydrate unless you decide against it for the possible downregulation issue. If he doesn’t show the maturity to make an effort to learn how to eat as well, though, a no is definately in order.

Just my take.

I took creatine and all I got was this stupid t-shirt.

All supplements are bad, and your son should live on locusts and wild honey.

In all seriousness, let him take it. If he wants creatine, he will get it, regardless of what you say, pops. It is a better idea to let him have creatine under you supervision, that way he takes the proper dose, and doesn’t use half of the bottle.

Then there is the witch hunt against things like this and some schools treat creatine the same as steroids. One can be fully informed but that is often not defence against the (willful) ignorance of others.