T Nation

Creatine And Running Program....

Will creatine affect my running program either positively or negatively? I run a few miles every other day and thought I’d ask before I start a cycle.
Thanks,
J.

Depends on your goals. I myself am wondering why you are running that distance and on creatine? If you are trying to put on some muslce mass running that distance is not going to help. Maybe some interval run/jog/walk would be ok if you are trying to burn some fat.

Creatine will not affect your long distance running in any notable ways. Creatine will help athletes with explosive excercises such as sprinting, or exploding a bar off your chest. Generally Creatine doesn’t affect runners running more than 400m (once around a standard track on the inside lane).

It will help you attain a more aesthetically pleasing appearance however: your muscles will hold more water thus giving them a bigger, fuller look.

Thats just my interpretation, i could be wrong.

I have to run. My job requires that I have the ability to run 1.5 miles in 11 minutes (and they test me too)I guess I’ll find out if it has any negative impact in the coming weeks.
Any other thoughts??

[quote]cruzmisl wrote:
I have to run. My job requires that I have the ability to run 1.5 miles in 11 minutes (and they test me too)I guess I’ll find out if it has any negative impact in the coming weeks.
Any other thoughts??[/quote]

The only negative impact I could forsee is the potential extra weight gain slowing you down or causing more stress on your knees and ankles. Thw weight gain should not be so significant though to be a major problem/issue.