Creatine and Neurological Overtraining?

In the “Thib System” articles, it was mentioned that avoiding excessive CNS fatigue is very important. Now, since creatine aids in one’s ability to produce extra force by providing it additional phosphocreatine reserves, would this increase the CNS fatigue as the system is being stressed more?

For example: I’ve been taking creatine for a sufficient length of time for it be reach saturation levels. Then I go deadlift. Your recommendation would be that I stop a rep or two before total failure. Let’s say that I could lift x weight for 10 reps, failing on the tenth–I should stop at 8 or 9. However, with creatine, the additional energy would allow me to reach 11 reps. Should I still stop at 8 or 9, even though I am not nearly as fatigued as I would be without creatine?

Failure is a huge factor in causing CNS fatigue. By delaying failure through creatine, you’re actually helping your CNS.

[quote]undeadlift wrote:
Failure is a huge factor in causing CNS fatigue. By delaying failure through creatine, you’re actually helping your CNS.[/quote]

Naturally, however this is a biochemical way of delaying failure, not a neurological way. That is kind of my question–as creatine gives you an “artificial” chemical boost, wouldn’t you be stressing your nervous system harder?

bump

Thank you, that makes sense.