T Nation

Creatine and Coffee

So I was reading on here the other day that coffee will suck the creatine out of you because caffiene is a diuretic.Then the article said that its fine as long as you take your creatine after you drink coffee.

But dont we want the creatine to saturate our muscles from day one and not have to replenish them everyday.Im going to start taking creatine and N.O. next monday the 3rd and I plan on not drinking any coffee while im on it to see if I get better pumps and keep that full feeling in my muscles.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

I heard about the creatine/caffeine before too. I think you would have to look at the amount that you’re intaking of both of these to see if there any counteractive affects.

If you look at NO Xplode for example, it’s a preworkout drink that contains caffeine (and other stimulants) and creatine.

[quote]horsepuss wrote:
So I was reading on here the other day that coffee will suck the creatine out of you because caffiene is a diuretic.Then the article said that its fine as long as you take your creatine after you drink coffee.

But dont we want the creatine to saturate our muscles from day one and not have to replenish them everyday.Im going to start taking creatine and N.O. next monday the 3rd and I plan on not drinking any coffee while im on it to see if I get better pumps and keep that full feeling in my muscles.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.[/quote]

Thoughts?

Dump the NO, don’t worry about coffee since normal doses of caffeine don’t have a strong diuretic effect, and stick to Creatine monohydrate.

Some of the original research on Creatine was done by mixing it with caffinated tea and no detrimental effects were shown.

[quote]lilronnie wrote:
I heard about the creatine/caffeine before too. I think you would have to look at the amount that you’re intaking of both of these to see if there any counteractive affects.

If you look at NO Xplode for example, it’s a preworkout drink that contains caffeine (and other stimulants) and creatine. [/quote]

NO Xplode will also have a pretty good diuretic effect on you. Caffiene also constricts blood vessels, which is counterproductive to what the product is supposedly doing anyways.

Just don’t go apeshit with the coffee or any caffiene and you will be fine. I recommend 400mg max caffiene pre-workout and the occasional coffee in the morning which is probably 75-100mg per cup.

No, I’m not talking about triple shot espresso B.S. from starbucks, just your regular home-brewed coffee.

DG

I only Drink 1-2 cups of coffee in the morning and I dont use NO explode I have MHP Trac.I would recomend not using No explode as it has been reformulated atleast 3 times and isnt the same product as the original.I also use mironized mono.

[quote]HK24719 wrote:
horsepuss wrote:

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Thoughts?

Dump the NO, don’t worry about coffee since normal doses of caffeine don’t have a strong diuretic effect, and stick to Creatine monohydrate.

Some of the original research on Creatine was done by mixing it with caffinated tea and no detrimental effects were shown.[/quote]

Why do you recomend dumping the NO

[quote]horsepuss wrote:
I only Drink 1-2 cups of coffee in the morning and I dont use NO explode I have MHP Trac.I would recomend not using No explode as it has been reformulated atleast 3 times and isnt the same product as the original.I also use mironized mono.[/quote]

To be honest man, you can drop the pre-workout supplement line altogether for the most part. Mainly for the cost part of things.

I can buy ‘no-doz’ caffiene and take that with my bulk beta alanin, creatine mono, and some other goodies. My results are that I get a better workout at more than 1/2 the cost. Also you know what exactly yoru taking. These GINORMOUS proprietary blends in supplements scare me. lol

Research what is in the Trac and take out the big players of that, buy in bulk, and make your own.

Just an opinion or a tip as to what I do.

DG

[quote]Dirty Gerdy wrote:
horsepuss wrote:
I only Drink 1-2 cups of coffee in the morning and I dont use NO explode I have MHP Trac.I would recomend not using No explode as it has been reformulated atleast 3 times and isnt the same product as the original.I also use mironized mono.

To be honest man, you can drop the pre-workout supplement line altogether for the most part. Mainly for the cost part of things.

I can buy ‘no-doz’ caffiene and take that with my bulk beta alanin, creatine mono, and some other goodies. My results are that I get a better workout at more than 1/2 the cost. Also you know what exactly yoru taking. These GINORMOUS proprietary blends in supplements scare me. lol

Research what is in the Trac and take out the big players of that, buy in bulk, and make your own.

Just an opinion or a tip as to what I do.

Roger that,Good stuff